Summer 2022 Transfers Conversation

I get passion and him being frustrated with his teammate but that is too far. The management will have to be wary of that if we sign him.

All that said, I’d still be more than happy if Marcao did end up becoming a Sevilla player.

4 Likes

I like his seriousness and temper… CB’s have to have some temper after all. That fight was totally wrong and unnecessary, especially at that level. That could happen in a Sunday league or weekend 5 a side, but it’s really ridiculous.

From an amateur point of view I can understand it, those things happen a lot especially in a heated match, but that cannot happen in a professional environment.

I don’t think a big deal should be made out of it though, and I think he learned the lesson after that ban, so he’ll be more careful now and even more so playing in front of a lot of eyes now in La Liga and with Sevilla if he ends up joining us.

Didn’t really follow him but he looks decent from some highlight videos at Galatasaray (who doesn’t look good in highlights anyway?). Resembles DC a bit, but it will still be an experiment to how he adapts in La Liga.

5 Likes

Things might be exploding, Feels like a calm before the storm but. Pochetinno is getting replaced, Bilbao is looking for a trainer, Lope has been rumoured with them as well, we still don’t have a clear notice of who manages us next year. Mourinho rumoured for PSG, carrousel will be moving soon… Gallardo also in the mix.

3 Likes

Please don’t get my hopes up :weary:

1 Like

I know this isn’t the best way to evaluate players but he had the highest average match rating of any player in the UEL according to sofascore. Also reportedly the best CB in the Süper Lig. Last player we signed from Galatasary ended up being a success, why not go for it?

2 Likes

4 Likes

I thought of Lionel Christmas Carole for a moment there… but then remembered that Fernando also came from Galatasaray and we didn’t really sign Lionel, he was on loan here.

15m + Suso for Guedes. Would be a good deal in my book.

6 Likes

Should we write off Suso so early? Not his fault he was injured this season and last season he had some brilliant moments

That’s pricey!

Sounds like Denayer is out and Djiku is not the priority target

2 Likes

Not the most reliable source, but Djiku looks slightly more likely again:

2 Likes

So, Joselu

Do we still sign him? He’s a free agent. I always like the dynamic of having a more experienced player w/ a younger player sharing a role. Also, Joselu scored 14 goals vs Rafa’s 10 goals.

4 Likes

Like you, I agree on having an experienced player around in that position and a worthwhile acquisition at zero outlay. But he’s a Lopetegui style player. Mixed feelings.

2 Likes

I would lean towards no.

Alexis Sanchez also heavily rumoured again. Still think he’s an asset but not a fan of all those type of post peak players… Can’t we build towards a peak of our own.

2 Likes

Sevilla rumored to prefer Marcao and Medina, the Argentine from Lens.

They are also working on exits of Koundé, Augustinsson, and Ocampos.

2 Likes

Tchouameni to Real for 80m+20m, just crazy price. There is no crisis in Madrid.

1 Like

Was just about to post this. I remember last summer when he was linked with us and I really thought we’d go for him… but he blew up last season. What a box-to-box midfielder to have, a mix of Makelele, Lassana Diarra and Kante. Lucky RM!

1 Like

Saul Niguez, Fran Garcia, Battaglia, Tyler Adams, Javi Galan, Luis Suarez, Cavani… the rumors are circulating, some new and some old - still no action except for the sale of DC.

1 Like

Lots of contracts ending 30th of June I think that might be the real start signal.

My feeling says that Marcao is close to joining tho.

1 Like