Summer 2020 Sevilla FC Transfer Rumours

Just seen Kounde has agreed terms on a 5 year contract with Manchester City, now they have to agree a fee with us. What I don’t get is I keep seeing this, so and so club has agreed a deal with the player now need to with their club.

I thought this was called tapping up, and illegal? Also nice of Jules to stand by his word of wanting to stay one more year. :roll_eyes::+1:t3:Yeah nice one fella, we only gave you your big chance, but fuck it run off at the first sign of a bit of cash!

I’m actually a bit pissed off about it all this evening to be quite honest!

It’s not true Jim. :smile:

2 Likes

Is it not?

City made an offer and we refused. If they come back with an amount near the clause Sevilla might consider. But we’re not as desperate to make a huge sale this time around.

Kounde also knows that staying 1 more year is better for his development. He’s a young lad. The suitors will always be there.

1 Like

Us rejecting an offer maybe, but if he has agreed a deal with them then certainly he will feel he can force a move if he really wants it.

It’s probably all agent talk. I also never understood a player agreeing terms with another club before the teams have even agreed.

1 Like

I always thought that was tapping up and therefore illegal. :confused::man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

I’m of the opinion that it’s just invented news about Koundé because the transfer market is ghostly quiet. But who knows, it could be a hard bargaining strategy by Sevilla.

Another matter is that these traditional August/September mass squad changes have cost us various super-copas.

6 Likes

When Sergio Ramos went to Real Madrid we had 20 minutes to do the faxes and paperwork to sign Dragutinovic !

4 Likes

I don’t care what the fee is, I’d want Kounde to stay.

If it’s 70m though, I have a hard time believing that Sevilla are in a position to turn down that kind of offer.

Time will tell, I guess.

2 Likes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.goal.com/en/amp/news/sevilla-reject-bid-for-man-city-target-kounde-confirms/1sow9luv7ncz1b1m43k6b4s4p

I don’t for a second believe that he’s agreed a contract. I do however believe that City will try and low ball and then be forced to act by paying the release clause, but even then the ball is in Sevilla’s court as Kounde has made it clear he won’t leave unless he’s asked to.

3 Likes

My reasoning is that Real Madrid already inquired so Jules has it in his mind that they might be interested next season. He’ll refine his game here instead of people doubting his talent like they’re doing to Militão right now.

4 Likes

Not much news after the alleged transfer bid by Man C, the club would rather focus on the Supercup match with Bayern before doing any last deals. Thankfully that will be end of Deulofeu rumours, I’d rather have a go at Machis, guy’s already got a goal and assist in two matches.

These last two weeks may decide if Gnagnon is part of the squad’s plans going forward. I’ve read Lope and co. regard him as overweight and lacking match fitness, understandable given football in France stopped nearly 6 months ago. Now he has to prove his fitness. Corchia has been given no.2 which means he would play while Amadou, Mesa and Vidal along with Gnagnon have not been assigned squad numbers, no.4 and no.23 are still vacant so two of the four may stay or new signings may be mooted.

2 Likes

We’re linked with Wesley Fofana of Saint-Etienne to replace Kounde if he leaves for Man City.

2 Likes

Lopetegui asked for additional signings according to some reports. I think with the strive to compete in all three competitions, he is looking for some more depth.

4 Likes

According to Goal Brazil, Dani Alves wants to leave Sao Paulo for a club in Europe. Any takers? :eyes:

3 Likes

Good to know Lope acknowledges the need for depth. The club might be short on funds so they need to look for cheap or free options. Garay has been released by Valencia and can play a limited role as 3rd or 4th center back like he did last year, making 17 appearances.

Wages will be the major obstacle but I’d have him in a heartbeat, still arguably one of the top 10 rightbacks in Europe if he came back, a testament to both his quality and lack of talent in the right back position now.

4 Likes

He was injured most of the season though right? I thought I remembered this.

2 Likes

Please let this happen. :pray:

1 Like