Sevilla v Athletic: Matchday 38

In typical Sevilla fashion, we still have a shot at finishing 4th in this last match of the season. We need both Valencia & Getafe to lose though. Athletic can also take 6th spot from us, but need a draw to stay in 7th and qualify for the EL. Our final lineup looks like this:

Sarabia was originally in the squad, and probably in the starting XI, but has been a last minute omission. Reasons are still unclear at the moment. Rog & Amadou together in midfield should be interesting. Tough match ahead with key players missing, so really need the RSP for this one.

Vamos muchachos!!
Lucha por lo que amas!

1 Like

They say a draw has been agreed but I don’t believe it, the bookmakers have the draw at 7-2 which are pretty good odds, and they know what’s happening.

Sarabia with a gut problem, intestinal flu is the medical verdict, but it might be a gut problem.

1 Like

Zero shots for us and one for them after half hour. Finishing the season soft like our last few games. Should’ve put money on that draw lol.

Sevilla are really disorganized and don’t have many ideas but Rog is OK and Vidal active and implicated, they really need to step up a notch to overcome Athletic. What worries me is that Athletic will march straight through the middle while Sevilla are attacking, we’re OK defending but look exposed when we go on the attack.

Nice! WBY back on the board. Great cross from Navas putting the ball in a dangerous place and WBY pounces on it.

1 Like

Thanks to Rog, who converted defence into attack in one touch and pass, we caught Athletic and WBY scores on the rebound. Unfortunately I had struck an agreement with the wife that if Sevilla were winning at half time, I would wash the dishes.

3 Likes

Can’t watch or listen to the game as we are sitting in a hotel in France on our way back to the uk for the summer, so relying on your updates.:smiley:

2 Likes

You passed the border just in time, a foot of snow in Asturias overnight.

1 Like

Wow.! The weather has gone crazy. Grey and cool here in northern France.

Halftime sub - Rog off, Gnagnon on

1 Like

Gnagnon with a nice link up with Munir and WBY but the pass is a bit strong to free WBY.

Other games: Valencia is up 0-1 and Getafe is tied with Villarreal 1-1 (goal by Iborra looking after his old club)

Just seen the goal from our ace poacher.

1 Like

Valencia scores a 2nd :frowning:

1 Like

Great run by Munir on a 1 man counter from the Bilbao attacking box, but WBY was offside when he gives it up.

1 Like

Only 28K in the stands today. I think most thought it was gonna suck weather wise. Only 75 F.

1 Like

Bilbao awarded a penalty for a handball which wasn’t. Mercado’s arm is tucked to his body. Ball hits his elbow. Ref is wrong. Going to VAR now.

1 Like

VAR overrules it. Does Mercado get his card back?

2 Likes

Mudo off - Bryan Gil on

1 Like