Sevilla - North American Tour Summer2023

I’ve only been to the 2016 and 2019 events. They came one other time too I think. @RayFK I believe went to that one.

2016 was in Orlando at the ESPN sports complex. Sevilla won the Supercopa Euroamerica by beating Independiente Santa Fe 2-1. (Konoplyanka, Gameiro)

They also played River Plate 3 days prior in a 1-3 victory. (Gameiro, Konoplyanka, Nzonzi)

In 2019, They came to Dallas and played a full match against Dallas FC and then a half-game against the Dallas II team. (De Jong, Jordan, Nolito) and then travelled to Boston to play Liverpool (Nolito, Pozo match winner in the 90th)

These were our seats for Orlando. They were directly behind the bench. Like folks were getting autographs during the game haha.

5 Likes

Is that the Dallas FC himno or something…? Sounds horrible

1 Like

Who all will be in Detroit?

4 Likes

Not sure if mentioned but these guys are traveling to the US with the first team players…

Alberto Flores (GK)
Matías Árbol (GK)
José Ángel Carmona (RB / CB)
Juanlu Sanchez (RB / RW)
Kike Salas (CB)
Manu Bueno (CM)
Pedro Ortiz (CM)
Iván Romero (CF)
Isaac Romero (LW / RW / CF)

no clue - it was very loud haha

2 Likes

I will!

2 Likes

Where did you find that? Curious to know when they’ll announce travel squad for US Tour

1 Like

Was mentioned on some Spanish website when I was looking up something about Sevilla Atlético, basically said SAT will be without those players for their own pre season.

So, first point, don’t judge. Twitter often directs me to this total garbage Sevilla football news website called Ficherio. It’s really terrible but occasionally (like today) provides me with a tidbit that I didn’t yet know. The news in question is that Bono and YEN apparently are missing training because of knocks from national team duty, no offers are on the table. Hard to know if it’s true, but it made me happy to hear at least one source saying they are expected to travel next week.

The second important piece of information gleaned from this quality news site today:

Much to my surprise, SevillaFC’s summer tour is actually to SOUTH America. I guess instead of hopping on my flight from Ecuador to Mexico next week, I better figure out how to cancel those tickets and figure out where in South America the team expects to play!

Geography is hard, I know.

Thankfully this wasn’t from the team, or I’d be a bit more offended/embarrassed. But yeah, public service announcement 1, Bono and YEN are hopeful to join the team on La Liga Summer Tour. And public service announcement 2, neither Mexico NOR the United States are, in fact, in South America.

2 Likes

Yeah a knock from the morocco games… You’ve seen the state of how Youssef came from his vacation? He always has been lanky and lean but it looks like he locked himself up in a basement for 2 weeks. Don’t think it’s just the photo.

2 Likes

Youssef definitely looks way skinnier than usual. Quite the contrast from the “this & that player came back from vacation fat and out of shape”. Regardless I hope he is healthy. Seeing him like that had me a bit worried.

4 Likes

I know that look well, having spent cumulatively about a year in Morocco spread over the last ten years. That’s the “I had some goat that was undercooked and spent the last week :face_vomiting: and :poop:-ing on :repeat:.”

Could just be the photo, but I’m sure he’ll be fine.

2 Likes

I remember we played Universidad Catolica Chile last time, can’t remember the other games, maybe Bogota or Guayaquil.

1 Like

Packing up for the trips!

11 Likes

Some press starting to roll in.

1 Like

The list of players traveling to the US and Mexico:

The complete list is made up of: Dmitrovic, Bono, Alberto Flores, Jesús Navas, Montiel, Juanlu, Gattoni, Nianzou, Badé, Kike Salas, Acuña, Pedrosa, Gudelj, Delaney, Fernando, Joan Jordán, Manu Bueno, Óliver Torres, Rakitic, Óscar Rodríguez, Papu Gómez, Ocampos, Suso, Tecatito, Idrissi, Iván Romero, Rafa Mir and En-Nesyri

Lamela misses out as does Marcao due to injuries.

Rekik, Rony lopes and Augustinson because they be going out soon.

4 Likes

Chris bringing all his shirts, but is about to forget bringing some pants along… :face_with_peeking_eye:

4 Likes

More true than you know haha.

3 Likes

And I thought I was starting a collection…:eyes:

4 Likes

Neither the significant other nor I want to accompany Chris around GDL with him wearing a Rakitic jersey as his “pants”.

2 Likes