Sevilla - North American Tour Summer2023

Could just be your choice of words, but my first reaction was “I swear, I did ask some team members for autographs, but I promise I didn’t irritate any of them!”

And actually, the list of players I never got to meet/take a selfie with/ask for an autograph included Marko, who get shepherded away when he was about to come sign autographs in GDL.

For the record, here’s my list of folks I missed during our SF/GDL adventure:

Dmitrovic, Nianzou, Gudelj, Delaney, Rakitic, Óscar Rodríguez, Suso, Idrissi, Iván Romero, Sow.

And also for the record, Ivan Romero is on my shit list. In GDL, I ran into all the canteranos who were on the tour, chatted with them for a second (I said something like “the most important part of the team.
No cantera, no Sevilla!”). They passed around my jersey and they all signed it, and Ivan Romero intentionally stood off to the side and (implicitly) refused to sign it. Juanlu and Manu Bueno, on the other hand, have my respects. Both seemed like really nice guys. Kike and Flores were both very nice, too, but I got the impression they’re Navas-style introverts. Totally fair, if you’re an introvert, you’re an introvert. Just that Juanlu and Manu Bueno really stood out in their warmth to the fans.

I think @ChrisLail has pics with JuanLu, I only have this one with Manu Bueno (photobomb by Navas)

8 Likes