Sevilla FC Players on International Duty Summer 21

Can’t see past France for the Euros really. Spain definitely aren’t winning it, I would bet my house on that. Germany aren’t all that at the moment to be honest.

I do like Italy, but I’m not that confident they will win it as I was 18 months ago. England to fail miserably. I was tempted to buy a Scotland shirt this morning, I’m English by birth but my paternal grandmother was Scottish, born and grew up in a tiny little town (almost village!) called Pitlochry in Perthshire.

6 Likes

Hmm Jim are you sure? I could use a house in London, my gf wants to work/study there soon.

I agree on Scotland, they are gonna show up, beat England, maybe Croatia as well, who’s not in the best shape either imo but they show up on tournaments tho

5 Likes

Delightful area I’ve been there a few times. Lail is also a Scottish name, you might be related :rofl:

2 Likes

Interesting. I have been told we are Dutch and English but I have never researched it.

3 Likes

From the lowlands I believe, all the highlanders are Macs. I had a lot of mail order customers decades back and the names stick to certain areas.

3 Likes

Yeah thanks for moving it sorry

1 Like

Euros: France
Copa America: Argentina

3 Likes

Euros: France
Copa: Brazil

4 Likes

Diego Carlos has been called up for the Brazil Olympic team

6 Likes

And Dani Alves

6 Likes

And Arana haha

6 Likes

I hope Ocampos gets called up for the Argentina NT in the Olympics… it would be a huge disappointment if not.

5 Likes

Would Ocampos be one of the three over-age players?

2 Likes

Yes hopefully

1 Like

Also, it will probably not happen but it would be great if at least one of: Oliver Torres, Joan Jordan or Suso to be called up as overage players - it’s not worth the risk for Navas.

While Alfonso Pastor and Oscar can be called up easily as they are within the age limit (until 24 years of age this time around due to the pandemic reschedule of 1 year). Javi Diaz is also within the age limit but I highly doubt he’s even considered.

3 Likes

De Jong has a knee injury that he picked up in training. His Euros are over.

2 Likes

Always sucks to see these kinds of injuries on the training pitch.

2 Likes

Ocampos not called up for the Olympics - this is Argentina’s list of 26 players (preliminary squad): https://twitter.com/Argentina/status/1405682885009477632

Spain has made a ‘secret’ preliminary list of 60 players, but not sure if any of ours is there, probably not. They will announce the final list on Tuesday 29th of June.

France has announced the final list and Kounde is not there.

The only one to make a participating NT’s final squad so far is Diego Carlos, and Arana too but he’ll leave 100% so we won’t consider him as our player anymore.

4 Likes

Speaking of Argentina’s Olympic NT, beside not calling Ocampos as one of the over-aged players, it’s shocking to see no one is called up from the club Defensa y Justicia. Those guys did an amazing job last season by winning the Copa Sudamericana and beating the Copa Libertadores winner Palmeiras in the Recopa Sudamericana ‘Supercup’. If not for anything, it could’ve been a nice gift to acknowledge that club’s recent success.

4 Likes

I could be wrong, but I was wondering if it is likely for Bryan Gil to be called up?

3 Likes