Sevilla FC Players on International Duty Summer 21

I couldn’t find a topic to match this so I created a new thread. With Copa America, World Cup Qualifiers and Euros this summer there will be a ton of action.

Acuna, Ocampos and Papu were just called up for Argentina’s World Cup Qualifiers next month. I’d like to see some production from Papu this summer that hopefully translates when he returns to Sevilla.

Name Country Competition
Marcos Acuna :argentina: World Cup Qualifiers
Lucas Ocampos :argentina: World Cup Qualifiers
Papu Gomez :argentina: World Cup Qualifiers
Jules Kounde :fr: Euro Cup
Luuk De Jong :netherlands: Euro Cup
Bryan Gil :es: Euro U-21
Nemanja Gudelj :serbia: Friendlies
Ryan Johansson :ireland: U-21 Friendlies
7 Likes

It will definitely be a very hot and exciting summer with national team football. Since my NT is not participating, I’m rooting for Argentina in the Copa America, Spain in Euros and Spain again in the Olympics in August. There’s a chance Oscar, Pozo and Gil could make it to the Olympics, and the rules allow for 3 overage players (over 23) so I hope one of Jordan, Suso or even Galan (if we end up getting him) make it.

4 Likes

P.S. Diego Carlos might also make it for Brazil in the Olympics and get some NT experience before the World Cup next year. That is if he won’t get the call for Copa America. Fernando might get the call for CR.

LDJ is in the preliminary squad and it would be a pity not to have Navas in the final 23 squad for Spain.

Kounde made it to the final squad for France.

3 Likes

CR?

Are those 3 confirmed for Copa America because all I read was those 3 confirmed for World Cup Qualifiers which I believe are prior to the Copa?

1 Like

Ooops you’re right sorry

1 Like

Shameful for Luis Enrique not to call up Navas for the Euros…

6 Likes

Or even Suso… how come the likes of Oyarzabal, Adama Traore and Dani Olmo deserve it more than Suso?

Also I know that Fabian Ruiz of Napoli doesn’t deserve it more than Jordan.

Shameful!

4 Likes

Sergio Ramos got left out of the Spain team :scream: :scream:

4 Likes

Ramos is at a crossroads. Unknowable if he’ll ever be reliably healthy or not. I wouldnt offer him much €, if I were Monchi. At that right price I would though. I think he’s trying to play Sevilla to get a 2 year offer from Perez, though.

2 Likes

It’s a disgrace

It’s a f*cking disgrace

4 Likes

For selfish reasons, i’m glad no Sevilla players are on the squad. At least they get to rest, especially Navas. Also, I don’t think Suso is anywhere close to making the Spain NT. Let’s be real, Oyarzabal has been putting up better numbers than Suso for a few years now.

6 Likes

Tend to agree with Edinho. Glad Navas isn’t in for selfish reasons, but it’s a terrible thing to do to the guy. He busted his ass to get you qualified playing a ton of minutes and this is his reward? To be substituted by a guy that doesn’t even play right back?

5 Likes

Yeah… it’s more for honoring him if not for anything else. He would probably not play more than a group match, but him being there would’ve been special - he totally deserved the call.

3 Likes

I don’t know man… I could be a bit biased on that but at the end of the day, Suso has been a starter for a team that finished with 77 points in La Liga. Real Sociedad haven’t done much beside winning last season’s CDR, although finishing 5th with 15 points less than the 4th placed team and getting thrashed in the round of 32 in EL could be considered a success by their standards.

Then Adama Traore… I mean come on! Suso could be at least a better bench warmer :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I said I’m rooting for Spain as I thought at least Navas would be called up, but now I’m definitely rooting for France after the disrespect from Luis Enrique.

And of course, I want Croatia to do well along with North Macedonia as the Balkan representatives. My love story with Croatia dates from 1998 though.

4 Likes

My number one this summer is Argentina assuming the Copa roster mirrors the World Cup qualifiers. This may be unpopular but I have seen too many players have terrible years/get injured after a long run in the summer and it may benefit us that none of our Spaniards were called up and if Argentina doesn’t have too many games.

1 Like

You don’t rate Oyarzabal? Also Shend, you rate Suso?! Since when??? :laughing:

Also I’m sure Enrique added Traore to have a different kind of player at his disposal. Or else he shoulda gone with Aspas.

5 Likes

What kind of player is that? One who goes balls out for one hellish run and then can’t play the rest of the game because he blew his load?

I mean Enrique didn’t even use 2 of his available roster spots. I hope he has shitty injury problems and finds himself in a world of hurt. To leave Navas and Iago out is disrespectful as hell to those two players. Even as shitty as Ramos was this year, to leave him out was disrespectful.

4 Likes

He probably thought that Traore could maybe work in the later stages of the match because of speed… or in ET who knows?

1 Like