Sevilla FC Players on International Duty Summer 21

But to do what? He doesn’t score or provide. He runs, that’s it.

3 Likes

LE probably saw this and called him up: - YouTube

That’s something that he can do once maybe twice all season long and that’s it. I agree he shouldn’t have been called up.

Agree with Ramos as well - totally disrespectful. Veterans like Navas and Ramos do not necessarily have to play or be inside the pitch, they can improve the team’s morale even from outside. The youngsters like Pedri, Ferran Torres, Olmo, Eric Garcia, Rodri etc. can learn from them and their experiences.

Hell, even Pepe Reina deserved a call after he outshined a 12 year younger Strakosha in Lazio. It was revealed that previous Spain NT coaches called up Reina for the team atmosphere mostly, even though he almost never started as he was the third choice GK - but he was ok with that and wanted to be there with the team because he wanted to see them succeed and help in any way he could.

I think LE should be sacked if Spain doesn’t reach at least the Semis as even with omitting the veteran players, he has quite a strong team that can achieve a lot with a good coach.

1 Like

I’m not in love with the attack, to be honest. I’m not saying they won’t reach the semis. Just that this isn’t a strong attack, by Spain standards, imo

1 Like

I agree with most of the sentiment here, Navas was done dirty, but I’m happy to see Sevilla alum Pablo Sarabia get the call up.

7 Likes

This Spain campaign had disaster written all over it after they ditched Moreno to bring Luis Enrique back.

The squad is weak as piss, they won’t go very far in the Euros that’s for sure.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Man if only that guy was here.

8 Likes

Bryan Gil with an assist against Croatia U-21. Played very well before he was subbed in Spain U-21s 2-1 win over Croatia U-21

5 Likes

Kounde played the second half at right back for France.

5 Likes

Amen. I miss him more than any other player we’ve sold in the last five years.

5 Likes

Luuk played 6 minutes in Netherlands 2-2 draw against Scotland in their warm up for the Euros.

Kounde made his debut with the French national team playing 44 minutes at right back. He had a few good moments that I saw including a cross that lead to a shot on goal.

Bryan Gil’s U-21 Spain squad takes on Portugal in the semi finals of their Euro tournament in 22 minutes.

5 Likes

Claudia Pina received her first call up for Spain’s NT.

5 Likes

Bryan was subbed off at half time. He was one of the best on the pitch in my opinion and my announcer’s opinion so hopefully it wasn’t an injury. Portugal won so Spain will play in the third place event I guess.

4 Likes

Ocampos starting for Argentina vs. Chile. Papu and Acuna on the bench.

5 Likes

EURO u21 final in Slovenia. I was hoping to see Bryan Gil, but Spain was eliminated in semi finals

8 Likes

Cool stadium. Are you from Ljubljana?

I stayed there for 3 weeks in 2014 in the Ljubljana Summer School. I loved the city and could definitely see myself living there. The Yugo architecture combined with occident and western atmosphere is what I liked the most - that’s because I’m not a fan of oriental in overall.

Also I absolutely loved Bled. Forgot to bring my swim trunks when we got there with bus so I couldn’t swim and there were no shops nearby unfortunately, so it’s still on my list to enjoy it to the fullest.

6 Likes

Oh neat, I’ve always wanted to watch a live game of football before (MLS is not high quality and worth spending money on). I hope you still enjoyed the game even though you didn’t see Gil play!

7 Likes

No, I live near the border with Italy, but I am studying in Ljubljana. And yes Slovenia is really beautiful country, I recommend everyone for a vacation here.

5 Likes

I mean just look at this natural masterpiece

Just about 40 mins drive from the capital Ljubljana, worth visiting anytime especially during the summer.

8 Likes