Sevilla down three to Covid after Christmas break

"Sevilla FC announced this midnight that there are three positives for coronavirus in the first team, two of which were already detected during the Christmas holidays.

The Sevilla club has carried out antigen tests and PCR to detect covid-19 infections in the players and coaches of the first team as a preventive measure given the large number of cases that were occurring in other LaLiga teams ."

1 Like

Do we know who the three players are?

1 Like

No.

Spotted in the training video : IRack, Dmitrović, Fernando, Gudelj, Bono, Lucas, Mir, Jordan, Munir, Oscar, Papu, Kounde, Ivan, Oscar, Ivan, Diaz, Ludwig, Ivan, and I think Idrissi.

Not seen Acuña, Diego, Oliver, Montiel. I could be missing others

4 Likes

How many Ivans have we got? :grinning:

So Yen was not visible either?

4 Likes

Looks like the new virus is giving more than just some fever, they are multiplying now Jezus.

3 Likes

I didn’t see YEN. The second Ivan was Romero.

4 Likes

Looked like an even lighter group in training today. I hope that we don’t have additional cases.

1 Like

Acuña and Montiel are injured I think so I think it might be Diego Carlos, Óliver Torres and YEN that ended up getting it

1 Like

Apparently now it’s four

2 Likes

I don’t recall seeing Delaney or Rekik in the videos today. :frowning:

Also, seems like they have reduced the capacity of stadiums to 75% in Spain due to the Omicron variant. That will be in effect from Jan 1 to the 31st and will be reevaluated as needed.

3 Likes

Not surprised at all. Honestly with the rush of cases, I wouldn’t be to surprised if we went back to empty stadiums or even if the season went on pause

1 Like

So with Kounde suspended and what appears to be Diego and Rekik in Covid protocol, Sevilla are going into Cadiz with zero centerbacks.

2 Likes

Gudelj Fernando it is then

4 Likes

Roll on Kibamba and Aspar.

No need to run for panic station yet.
Omicron has already been proven to be several times weaker than Delta was and causes far milder illness that very rarely needs hospitalisation. Stadiums were open after Delta outbreak and there were very few infection cases among the fans and staff.

3 Likes

That’s a very reasonable point. Each new variant is more infectious and less severe.

I wonder if the virus will eventually fall to the level of the common cold and will no longer be a real issue

3 Likes

Some scientist hope and believe that it will. We have to be cautious still as this thing is mutating fast and not all mutations will be less severe. I mean it wants to survive and not kill its host, so hopefully we get there.

2 Likes

Generally this is how virology works. No good a virus keep killing its hosts otherwise it, itself will die out. Hence why they end up tending to get weaker and weaker. :crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

3 Likes

Only seen a couple of pics this morning but I can tell you it ain’t Bono, Montiel or Rafa Mir that has it.

3 Likes

Acuna back in training too.

5 Likes