Sevilla down three to Covid after Christmas break

I hope you’re right and this ends up being a virus that keeps getting weaker and that we can live with it in a similar way to what we do with flu. I really hope there doesn’t come a time when we have to play behind closed doors again.

Do we know who the players with Covid are for sure now?

1 Like

Nope, only really good guesses based upon video.

2 Likes

And now a fifth has it.

1 Like

It’s now 7 cases

3 Likes

At this point, every team is being hit hard by this. Am I the only one that thinks we should put the league on pause for two weeks so all the teams do not have to worry about this

2 Likes

I don’t know if a pause would improve things. We see that the cases spiked up when the players were not playing games and on vacation.

3 Likes

And unfortunately it seems like players cannot be trusted to not do anything stupid in their spare time.

4 Likes

What’s with the ‘keeping the names of infected secret’ BS… it wouldn’t really make any difference if we knew would it? They don’t have HIV ffs.

1 Like

Probably so Cadiz can’t plan tactics around who isn’t available.

1 Like

My mate Rob from work the Cadiz fan doesn’t think it really matters how many we have out as they are so poor. Seemed last season they were a bit of a surprise package and caught a few teams out, but this season, Cervera the manager is still playing the same old tactics he has played the last 4 or 5 years and now teams know exactly how they are going to play every week.

2 Likes

I’m not 100% sure of all the players who have covid but I’m 99% sure the following players have covid: Montiel, YEN, Diego Carlos, and Rekik.

If that is the case, we’ll be without any center backs, Koundé is suspended after all. We’ll have no right backs either, Navas and Montiel will both miss this match, and again we won’t have Koundé to fill in there.
Also, with only one fit left back, we can’t throw one of them on the right. How do we line up vs Cadiz? I’m assuming Fernando and Gudelj will partner in the center, but who will play right back? Do we go for Ocampos at wing back?

Most likely it will come down to trusting youth.

What do you all think? How should our defense line up tomorrow?

1 Like

I’ve read some reports that Navas is available?

If so and presuming everyone else I mention can play, my line up would be:

Bounou; Navas, Gudelj, Fernando, Augustinsson; Rakitic, Delaney, Jordan; Gomez, Mir, Ocampos

2 Likes

Montiel was training last week so unless he suddenly has Covid I’d be more inclined to start him given Jesus hasn’t played in 3 months.

The team bus arrived just after sunset in Cadiz last evening and clearly a lot of big names have travelled on the bus.

https://twitter.com/SFCSVQ1/status/1477770278847631365

2 Likes

Was hard to see them all but pretty sure DC was there…

Probably go…

Bono

Montiel
Fernando
DC
Augustinsson

Jordan
Delaney
Rakitic

Ocampos
Rafa Mir
Papu

If all fit and available of course.

Pretty sure I also spotted Oliver in the video too.

5 Likes

In this day and age, it’s entirely possible that they weren’t doing anything wrong. The most recent variant is highly contagious and vaccinations don’t work as well as preventing infections as with previous variants.

Personally, I’m not all that worried about Omicron because I’m vaccinated and boosted, and if/when I catch it, I’m fairly confident that I’ll be able to bounce back quickly. The players are in a different situation though. It doesn’t matter if they’re symptomatic or not. A positive test is a positive test and will put them into COVID protocol.

4 Likes