Sevilla Atlético and C 2020/21

I guess they are just dragging the season out as long as possible.

Not a great weekend as Sevilla Atlético lost 3-1 Away to Yeclano who were bottom before this game.

Sevilla C fell 1-2 to Puente Genil. :worried:

Javi Vazquez the Sevilla Atlético captain (and left back) has been sold to Ibiza.

2 Likes

Sevilla Atlético starting XI for the game that has just kicked off at UCAM Murcia.

Currently leading 1-2, goals from Luismi Cruz and Isaac. About 33 minutes left.

A fine 2-3 Victory for SAT against the league leaders UCAM. Makes a mockery of the fact they lost to bottom placed Yeclano last week. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Sevilla C currently winning 1-0 against also top of their table Lucena.

Ivan got the SAT winner with an 89th minute penalty. Sevilla C ended up winning 1-0, Jaime with the only goal of the game.

SAT annoyingly still in the part of the League table that would see both them and the C team relegated at the moment.

1 Like

I was actually just giving this some thought whilst walking home from work, so forgive my musings somewhat, but basically for me having a B team like this in the actual league system doesn’t actually really work, certainly not for a club like Sevilla.

Really to be any good in the Segunda Liga we have decentish players, but good for that level, perhaps not good enough for the first team. Trouble is then those players go off and sign for other clubs and get replaced by okish young lads stepping up, but often get relegated like what happened a few seasons ago. It is really just a repetitive cycle in my opinion, and Spanish football in my opinion needs a more dedicated youth league structure.

It is a weird one but I can’t help feeling the system is broken, it certainly seems to be reflected in the fact we rarely bring through Cantera players now. :thinking:

In England, Italy, Germany they concentrate a lot more on age specific leagues now. Reserve teams are kind of a thing of the past. At Palace we have the Under 23 squad which is basically a bunch of decent but not good enough, and then we use the team for first teamers to get game time when coming back from injury, and to give some younger lads a try against older players.

Bayer Leverkusen in Germany ditched their II team years ago as they didn’t see the benefit of it, instead focusing on dedicated U19 and U17 teams. I don’t know, maybe it is just me but the current setup feels flawed, when really we should be producing at least 2 or 3 first team quality players every couple of years. In Italy a prime example is Atalanta who won the Primavera title 2 seasons back, and they bring through players from their youth rather than splashing the cash.

3 Likes

I guess the point I was trying to make, clumsily is that it doesn’t help keep promoting the next lot of players up in one go. If anything SAT should be basically a dedicated effectively 21-23 year old team (preferably in the Segunda Division) and then we promote good enough players up when they are ready.

2 Likes

Sevilla Atlético’s Eliseo (who I think is a Centre Back?) has rescinded his contract and signed for Marbella. The team is going to run out of players soon. :sweat_smile:

Sevilla Atlético team against Granada B today.

1-0 to SAT at half time. Sevilla C currently 0-0 with La Palma but only 20ish minutes played in that game so far.

1 Like

Alfonso just saved a Penalty after a realy stupid foul by Kibamba in the box.

One player who has really stood out for me is Luismi Cruz, but he has just been subbed off with 24 minutes to go. He was the real stand out player on the pitch.

1 Like

Thanks for the updates Jim.

I honestly have not followed Sevilla Atletico closely since they relegated down to Segunda B - but sometimes I check the scores and one of the names that often popped up was Romero.

It seems that he’s a 20 year old winger, but I don’t have any more info on him.

Could he potentially be a Sevilla player in the future?

1 Like

There are two Romero’s… Ivan Romero who has been in a couple of first team squads. He looks to be a Centre Forward but he is really slight, I think he would struggle in the first team at the moment, particularly as a main striker.

The other is Isaac Romero, he was on one of the Wings, Luismi Cruz on the other. Luismi definitely the one who has caught my eye of the three.

Although Isaac did almost do the Granada keeper from about 60 yards just before he was subbed off for Casas, literally missed by about a foot.

Watching the second half here and Sevilla should be out of sight with the chances they’re creating but as long as it’s only 1-0 I fear the equaliser.

1 Like

Fair to say it has been all SAT apart from the penalty, Granada haven’t really threatened. We have Alfonso to thank for still being ahead.

Granada’s kit really hurts my eyes. Light Aqua Blue with Fluorescent Yellow Sleeves and Socks.

1 Like

Sevilla C leading 0-1 against La Palma now too.

Finally put up the scorer… Valentino Fattore the RB with the only goal for SAT so far. He looks like a really good player actually.

The only two I have seen who have stood out are Valentino and Luismi.

2-0, 3 minutes to go, Antonio Casas with a tap in, he couldn’t really miss to be honest.

1 Like