Sevilla 24-25 Roster

Valencia helping us remove dead weight, kudos to them!

4 Likes

Deal already fell through I hear.

3 Likes

Just imagine - because of ball-less and super pathetic management you can’t get rid of Jordan, instead you have to sell Ocampos in order to make room for a temporary loan, fucking totally unknown Barco.

If this happens, our management should give a masterclass in ‘How to Screw Things Up - Guaranteed!’ or write a book ‘MISMANAGEMENT FOR DUMMIES’

1 Like

I feel that if Ocampos were to leave and with the loss of Acuna, even taking into account the signings made, we’re weaker than last season and we were in a relegation battle with that squad. This should worry us.

I feel like we’re missing at least one quality reliable centre back and another left back as well as a playmaker in midfield and goal scoring forward to support Isaac. YEN hasn’t been replaced.

With the transfer window soon to close and us struggling to offload deadwood such as Jordan, it is looking unlikely that we will make these much needed additions.

We’re short in quite a few areas I think and another season of struggle looks likely in my view. Hard to be optimistic I’m afraid.

4 Likes

Local news say Ocampos doesn’t want to leave. So that should kill the interest.

4 Likes

Jordan going on loan to Álaves, phew.

5 Likes

Looks like Sevilla will be picking up 70% of the player’s salary though. Eeek

3 Likes

99% of his salary would have been a deal.

Badé signs an extension till 2029 :raised_hands:t4:

8 Likes

Bade signs an extension and immediately gets injured with the French U-21s. Hurt his bicep or something. :frowning:

Losing Oh No GIF by Star Now

2 Likes

Bicep? Good thing he doesn’t need his arms to play!

But seriously, if my 9 year old daughter can play an entire season with a broken wrist, he can play through a bicep injury.

2 Likes

CB’s need arms for the physical side while defending (pushing, pulling, etc.)

A damaged bicep will hinder the entire arm’s physical capability, it will be very difficult to move pain free and have enough power to do what’s required as a CB.

Playing with a broken wrist also sounds painful and will limit a lot of movement + strength, which is crucial in higher levels of the sport.

3 Likes

It’s the Bicep Femoral in the upper leg region, part of the hamstring arrangement.

5 Likes

Never mind. That’s a completely different story. Scratch my last point.

1 Like

I’m an idiot haha

2 Likes

That one has definitely confused me, as well

It was nice to hear about your daughter defying the broken wrist to battle on. :+1:

1 Like

Just read that most likely outcome of Ocampos transfer is that Idumbo gets a shot to fill those shoes.

Whaddya think, @Edinho, I know you’ve been hoping to see him grow, what have you been seeing when he’s had time at SAT and his select minutes with the first team?

1 Like

Idumbo’s a good dribbler and has good delivery. Definitely more of a creator than Ocampos. As with most young players, we have to see where he’s at in his decision-making. There’s space for him since we lack this type of profile in the team. (I’ve come to grips with Suso never being a reliable starter again. :pensive:)

2 Likes

Suso would probably fit that Juanlu role better than playing on the wings at his point of his career anyway though right? At least that’s where I could see him.

I’ve liked Idumbo at SAT in the few games I got to watch last year. The problem is that he spent so much time on the first team not getting minutes.

I haven’t seen him play on the right side at all until this past game against Girona. He’s been exclusively on the left.

2 Likes