Luismi Cruz - To CD Tenerife - €300k
Thomas Delaney - FC Copenhagen - Free
Frederico Gattoni - River Plate - Free
Oliver Torres - Monterrey - Free
Erik Lamela - AEK Athens - Free
Rafa Mir - Valencia - Loan
Adnan Januzaj - Las Palmas - Loan
Jordan - Alaves - Loan
Augustinsson - Anderlecht - Free (Bonuses possible)
Marko Dmitrovic - Leganes - Free
Oscar Rodriguez - Leganes - Free
Sergio Ramos - ? - Free
Mariano Diaz - ? - Free

6 Likes

Cuts our transfer fee outgoings I suppose. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Maybe I’m a bit pessimistic but this scares the poop out of me. There’s been a colossal dereliction of duty by the directors. The Sevilla Atlético lads are not receiving big salaries so they’re not the problem. The problem is that Sevilla still have Janujaz, Augustinsson, Delaney and Oscar and have renewed Jordan and Rafa Mir when they weren’t doing much for the club.

There needs to be a massive turnover but there’s no room to manoeuvre when you’ve got players who are content to just not play rather than move on.

I don’t see Oliver on the list,but he’s gone today.

2 Likes

Sevilla’s first signing on the year is Chidera Ejuke, a Nigerian right-footed winger who plays mostly on the left side. @Edinho finally has his left winger. He’s 5-9 1/2 (176cm) and 159lb (72kg).

He’s coming from the Belgian league where he featured at Antwerp scoring 4 goals with 4 assists in 2,025 minutes in 33 matches across all competitions. Ejuke played with Lukebakio at Hertha BSC in the 2022-2023 season registering 3 assists in 938 minutes over 21 matches.

At 26, Ejuke is coming in as a free agent and should provide depth at a position that struggles with dribbling into the box and progressing passing. Ejuke excels at beating defenders one-v-one at 4.08/90minutes (60 successful attempts) at a clip of 55.0% and is in the 99percental in this stat among his peers. Lucas Ocampos led Sevilla with 64 successful take-ons, but with only a 40.8% success rate.

Ejuke is also in the 90th percentile with progressive carries (94th), passes attempted (93), and progressive passes (91). His 73 progressive carries would rank second in Sevilla only behind Ocampos’ 130. Ejuke doesn’t take many shots and tracking back may be his biggest weakness.

Anyway, there is no indication of his salary, but it appears to be a low-risk buy for a position that hasn’t been fulfilled since Quincy Promise.

https://x.com/SevillaFC/status/1802727712882102386

6 Likes

He did well in Holland to get the big transfer to Russias CSKA Moscow. Looks to be part of the skillset of what we need, hint of Villarreal’s Chukwueze I’m smelling here. But I’m not against that, doesn’t look to be an assist focussed guy tho. That is still very much needed, a player who sets up team mates consistently for succes. Lukebakio and Ejuke together does not really add to that. But Isaac is exactly someone who doesn’t need it either.

Curious what’s next.

4 Likes

I updated the roster with the latest moves.

There are still a lot of moves to make with a little over a month to go in the transfer window.

2 Likes

Updated with the latest news of Augustinsson leaving for Anderlecht officially. He’s leaving for free; however, Sevilla could end up getting some money due to bonuses included in the transfer. Most of the player’s salary has been waived as well.

1 Like

I hear that Januzaj scored a golazo for Las Palmas on his debut, just minutes after coming on.

2 Likes

There’s still plenty of time left for the right moves to be made.

Some more official news now shaping out the roster. Dimitrivoc and Óscar Rodríguez move to Leganés on a free transfer and goalkeeper, Álvaro Fernández arrives on a one-year deal to fill in the backup spot.

Fernández played for Huesca last season featuring in 42 games where he had 20 clean sheets and gave up 33 goals in 3,692 minutes. He came up in the Osasuna youth system featuring in one game with the senior team in the 16/17 season. After he moved to AS Monaco B playing in 11 matches. He was then loaned to Extremadura before transferring to Huesca. Brentford (12 matches giving up 2 goals per match in 1,080 minutes of action) of the Premiere League loaned him for a season as did Espanyol (11 matches, 18 goals conceded) before returning with Huesca for the 23/24 season.

2 Likes

Marcos Acuña what a stud of a player for this club. He will be missed, but I hope his next stage is as fruitful as this one.

4 Likes

With Acuna moving on, I have the roster at 24 players.

I think I have the roster correct, but maybe I’m missing something.

1 Like

Calling it now. Ejuke will lead the team in drawn penalties this season. His moves are amazing and the perfect magnet for trips in the box

4 Likes

6 of 7 completed dribbles in 19 minutes yesterday! Exciting for sure.

3 Likes

I will never forget (ever!)Acuna. What a Player, …3 Opponents in front of him…no Problem.
I’ll find a solution.

Pure Love, great.

5 Likes

Barco isn’t on it yet

2 Likes

If you haven’t seen the Kinky Flores comments on Acuña, here’s what I read (EstadoDeportivo). It seems that his transfer to Aston Villa last season was frustrated by outstanding legal issues between Del Nido Carrasco and Monchi. Acuña’s resentment caused his 2023-24 lack of form because his head and heart were not committed. Apart from that, Acuña was the best lateral player that Flores has ever worked with.

3 Likes

Just a few more days left in the transfer window. The club would still like to move out World Cup winner Montiel and Europa League winner and best midfielder of all time, Jordan before the window. The question is, can they do that and bring in someone else?

2 Likes

Rock bottom Valencia are interested in Jordan, that’s rather apt :rofl:

3 Likes