Januzaj - Contract through 2026
Lukebakio - Contract through 2028
Chidera Ejuke - Contract through 2028

Center Forwards - 4
En-Nesyri - Contract through 2025
Mariano Diaz - Contract through 2025
Rafa Mir - Contract through 2027
Isaac Romero - Contract through 2028

We go into the season with 28 players for a 25 man roster. Many of these players are expected to leave, but nothing is guaranteed. I thought Mariano had only a 1 year contract, but it appears that it was 2.

6 Likes

Cuts our transfer fee outgoings I suppose. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Maybe I’m a bit pessimistic but this scares the poop out of me. There’s been a colossal dereliction of duty by the directors. The Sevilla Atlético lads are not receiving big salaries so they’re not the problem. The problem is that Sevilla still have Janujaz, Augustinsson, Delaney and Oscar and have renewed Jordan and Rafa Mir when they weren’t doing much for the club.

There needs to be a massive turnover but there’s no room to manoeuvre when you’ve got players who are content to just not play rather than move on.

I don’t see Oliver on the list,but he’s gone today.

2 Likes

Sevilla’s first signing on the year is Chidera Ejuke, a Nigerian right-footed winger who plays mostly on the left side. @Edinho finally has his left winger. He’s 5-9 1/2 (176cm) and 159lb (72kg).

He’s coming from the Belgian league where he featured at Antwerp scoring 4 goals with 4 assists in 2,025 minutes in 33 matches across all competitions. Ejuke played with Lukebakio at Hertha BSC in the 2022-2023 season registering 3 assists in 938 minutes over 21 matches.

At 26, Ejuke is coming in as a free agent and should provide depth at a position that struggles with dribbling into the box and progressing passing. Ejuke excels at beating defenders one-v-one at 4.08/90minutes (60 successful attempts) at a clip of 55.0% and is in the 99percental in this stat among his peers. Lucas Ocampos led Sevilla with 64 successful take-ons, but with only a 40.8% success rate.

Ejuke is also in the 90th percentile with progressive carries (94th), passes attempted (93), and progressive passes (91). His 73 progressive carries would rank second in Sevilla only behind Ocampos’ 130. Ejuke doesn’t take many shots and tracking back may be his biggest weakness.

Anyway, there is no indication of his salary, but it appears to be a low-risk buy for a position that hasn’t been fulfilled since Quincy Promise.

https://x.com/SevillaFC/status/1802727712882102386

6 Likes

He did well in Holland to get the big transfer to Russias CSKA Moscow. Looks to be part of the skillset of what we need, hint of Villarreal’s Chukwueze I’m smelling here. But I’m not against that, doesn’t look to be an assist focussed guy tho. That is still very much needed, a player who sets up team mates consistently for succes. Lukebakio and Ejuke together does not really add to that. But Isaac is exactly someone who doesn’t need it either.

Curious what’s next.

4 Likes