RAmon Sanchez Pizjuan

What’s happening with the expansion of the RSP? I’ve read a third tier is planned.

1 Like

Planned no, aspirations, yes

1 Like

I do think its crazy that even nowadays, they only ‘show’ that one angle on tv lol. It’s so scuffed. And appear to not have any different ones.

was on topic of the munir header sorry.

2 Likes

We are also changing the name to the Jamón Sanchez Pizjuan.

3 Likes

:see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Or go all the way with the Jamon Salchichas y Pinchos

2 Likes

We can’t even fill the stadium as it is.
A must win CL game last night, sitting 3rd in la liga 2pts off the top and we can only draw just under 29,000 fans :unamused:

2 Likes

I was disappointed in that. Why do you think that is Brian?

1 Like

I didn’t double-check this, but i thought i saw somewhere that ticket prices were raised.

1 Like

I don’t think it was the ticket price, the cheapest on offer were 40 euros.
There are around 38,000 season ticket holders and of those, 26,000 also have the Champions League group games included. So where were they?
The atmosphere was a bit better last night than the other recent games , but nothing like the furnace we used to get on the European nights.
Whether it’s that people are still scared of covid, or maybe they got a little too used to watching on tv in their armchairs over the past 18months or so? I’m not sure.

4 Likes

Blasé fans, When we qualified for uefa in 2005/6 there were 3,000 in Puerta Jeréz celebrating around the fountain and another 5,000 in the streets around, fireworks everywhere.
When we won the first uefa cup there were hundreds of thousands on the street to welcome them back.

Now everyone has the internet and nobody goes to Puerta Jeréz.

Oh, and we played attractive football back then.

3 Likes

I tend to agree re the Blasé fans
Not sure if you went last night Tim but the bars around the ground were virtually empty prior to kick off, you could get a seat in almost any of them. In previous years they would be packed with loads of fans outside chanting and creating the whole pre match atmosphere.
Last night the Sevilla team bus passed us on Eduardo Dato and turned into the stadium to absolute silence. Previously there would have been hundreds of fans standing on the corner.

2 Likes

Apparently they are increasing the capacity to 47,000 in the next few years then potentially further with a third tier.

2 Likes

The RSP is a stunning stadium regardless. And the atmosphere seems to be about the best in all of Spain.

2 Likes

It’s typical of Sevilla, they just don’t tend to hit the streets if there’s cold or rain forecast. The streets are deserted and bars close at any hour just based on the weather forecast. Snowflakes.

5 Likes
2 Likes

I would rather they tried to expand the current stadium.

1 Like

This would be huge news. There comes a point when continuous renovations become more costly than starting from scratch. If they do decide to rebuild, I hope it’s in the same place. I can’t imagine them playing anywhere other than Nervion.

4 Likes

Plenty of land there to build on. It will just suck playing in that shitty Cartuja stadium for several years.

1 Like

Just remember what happened after Sevilla built the RSP. Years of debt and player sales followed as well as the inevitable poor performances on the pitch.

1 Like