Opinions on Sampaoli's SevillaFC

Sampaoli’s return official I see.

Get ready for some excitement again! :grin:

2 Likes

As an aspiring football coach this appointment really excites me. Hopefully we can get plenty of training ground videos. We probably won’t see the best of us until after the World Cup.

4 Likes

A historic day, but disappointing that Saint Sampaoli didn’t give a presser.

1 Like

No time. This team got work to do.

But perhaps outta respect for Lope, they’ll just have Sampaoli’s presser another day.

2 Likes

:muscle:

2 Likes

Presser later tonight I thought I saw or tomorrow. Anyway, the whole “We will see what happens” comment doesn’t inspire much.

What’s that? Missed that…

5 Likes

Last night when he arrived was asked what he thought and he said basically, we will see what happens. haha

2 Likes

Interesting how he greeted each player a bit differently. Almost to Rafa Mir - see ya haha.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s hilarious. But looks like he feels well at home.

Kiss, Clap on the neck, Chest or just a hand with a double hand on top. First selection round haha.

3 Likes

It reminds me of the Key and Peele sketch.

2 Likes

Spot on

I felt when he left last time, it was unfinished business. Lets see what happens. The last 12 months has been dire football. We need a new attitude and attacking system. Really exciting times ahead now…

4 Likes

I’m clearly a world class nonverbal codebreaker, so here is what I saw:

-Pat on neck = You’re here for good
-Pat on chest = You have to earn your position
-Other / ambiguous = don’t get comfortable in the locker room, you’ll be playing for FC Troyes in no time

5 Likes

The first full interview on the pitch has me already loving him. Really wise and realistic, and honest, with a love, passion and ideas of the game. All of the things I missed. Welcome and bless you Jorge.

So refreshing after years of hearing, bland and empty one liners and clichés without any connections to actual, situations, players or teams just political press answers, while trying to not say anything.

3 Likes

Same here.

There were some disappointments like him starting the bloodless Kranevitter over and over, having a lot of possession but no clear chances, then the loss vs. Leicester …

But he beat RM and Atletico, won against Betpiss twice, finished 4th and passed the CL group stage with Juventus and Lyon in it, it was still a decent season.

7 Likes

F*ck me Monchi did not look happy in that video, like he’s still bitter about Sampaoli leaving the first time and his BFF getting kicked out the door the night before.

1 Like

By that reckoning we are getting about 18 new players then. :sweat_smile:

Absolute delight listening to Sampaoli, not just for his refreshing ideas but also because he speaks Spanish which is more than half the Spanish do. Lope never vocalized his words, lke a lot of people it’s difficult to hear the consonants, just like hearing mumbles.

6 Likes