Opinions on Lopetegui's Sevilla

Satisfied to see the club making this decision before the season finished.

6 Likes

Great move all round. Good for us and lopetegui. Good on our board taking this action.

5 Likes

Fantastic move by our board. Good on them taking prompt action ahead of next season.

Didn’t think it would happen but fair play. Time to rebuild for a new era. :+1:

7 Likes

5 Likes

Yeah that’s so football. One week earlier Castro, keeps saying he has a contract til 2024 and with the objectives very secure, nothing will happen, Lope keeps repeating he’s more happy than ever and hopes to stay in Sevilla for the long future. Few days later, one more disappointing result and whole thing turned around and they went with the “mutual” agreement to split ways. Inside media were right after all, we do have a standard besides pure results and the trainer’s effect has long been gone. As predicted, it finally comes to a natural end, and it’s time to look ahead again gladly.

5 Likes

No se anunciará nada hasta conseguir la clasificación Champions.
(It won’t be announced until qualification for Champions is secured)

Well let’s hope we qualify or he’ll be here next season too.

This is long overdue, a manager with a fatally flawed concept of football, halleluja. I hope it is true.

[Edit] And to think Mallorca conceded six goals at home last weekend and then they came to Sevilla in midweek and we can hardly produce a chance, I think that might have been the last straw for the directors.

7 Likes

Yup, maybe we celebrated prematurely. Monchi and co. Deny the other rumors, that they are all false. Definitely influenced now the heat is off. Prepare yourselves 1-2 more years of Lope incoming… Better chain myself to my bed already or we’ll see us in the Monchi’s Men Asylum.

4 Likes

I still feel a lot of pride in what we’ve achieved as a club. Three successive Champions League qualifications is a historic moment, something this club has never achieved before.

The whole of the 21st century has been the most successful period in the club’s history, seeing it rise to the Spanish and European force it is today. Nine CL appearances, 18 European qualifications in the last 19 since qualifying for the UEFA Cup in 2004. Six Europa/UEFA trophies, two Copa’s, two Spanish Super Cups and one UEFA Super Cup in that period.

Let’s remember this when we cast judgement on this season and Lope. As disappointing as it’s been many clubs would snap our hands off for what we’ve achieved.

We all want to see the club reach the next level and compete with the very best playing exciting football, challenging for La Liga titles and going far in the Champions League, but we have a record to be proud of and Lope deserves credit for the past three seasons. No manager in our history has achieved what he’s managed and it’s not a given that anyone else would. I just think it’s important to remember this as we move into a new era.

5 Likes

Lope for 4 more years.

Say it ain´t so.

1 Like

I don’t blame the club for wanting Lope but it’s going to cost them because they don’t seem to know how many lifelong supporters are heartily sick of the football.

I suppose Sevilla think they are ‘on top’ of a minor problem and with a few changes hey presto. I really can’t believe they don’t see the problem at hand.

3 Likes

It’s sad to even think of that scenario. I really hope it doesn’t happen… can’t bare another season of this shit.

3 Likes

:face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Is Lope staying or not? Would be good if the club can clarify this.

1 Like

Most likely made official once the season is done.

4 Likes

I think he’s going but the club are trying to persuade him to stay, and that’s why they’re so piqued about the criticisms.

2 Likes

In that case, it’s even worse… persuading him to stay? Omg…

2 Likes

If the club want him, but the fans don’t, sadly we know who wins out.

A very bad situation for a club to be in… very very bad.

Didn’t realise it was Lope wanting to go and the club pushing him to stay, media reports conflict with this.