Opinions on Lopetegui's Sevilla

Y’all knew it was a coming! Updated after the last two match days.

5 Likes

Thanks for the update. The weekly lope ball curve is up :grinning:

4 Likes

A few of my posts on this overlapping in other threads! Thanks for the latest stats. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Needs to go this summer

2 Likes

We can no longer finish higher than last year…

2 Likes

2 Likes

:laughing:

2 Likes

If Eintracht Frankfurt go on to win the EL (as they should in their current form) and get into CL, more clubs will be looking at their head coach Oliver Glasner I think.
Before he joined them this season, he took Wolfsburg to CL in his second season there.
Eintracht’s turnaround in form this year has been very impressive after the disastrous start to the season when he came into the club and saw two main strikers gone (Andre Silva and Luka Jovic, as well as losing Bas Dost earlier) as well as having a new chairman and a new sporting director last summer.
Their excellend organisation and positive dynamic play style with a squad without any big names brought a very effective football in the last three months, especially in Europe where they completely outplayed Barca, were worthy winners over Sociedad and over West Ham in London in the first leg of EL semi-final.

Worth a try for Monchi?

2 Likes

The way Eintracht Frankfurt are playing under him, I’m all for Glasner to be our coach - but there’s obviously going to be a fierce competition to get him now.

1 Like

:person_shrugging:

There is only one point that matters, where you end.
Rest all irrelevant.

3 Likes

This guy is almost at the point of no return. He has 2 games to hope we get top 4 or he could be out sooner. If we get top 4 he might stave off the execution for a bit longer. However, if the football remains poor to start next season coupled with bad results then he will not last long.

Lope urgently needs to change his ways but I don’t see it now. It isn’t just him to blame though as we need a squad shake up as well. Due to some players either not good enough, don’t care enough, want to leave or getting to old now. It’s mixed on this and it applies to quite a few of them.

There is a lot of work for monchi and Castro to do this summer and I hope they realise this.

3 Likes

For me, he’s past the point of no return already. He’s lacked any kind of emotion for weeks. I hate seeing apathy on the sidelines.

4 Likes

If we finish 4th, it would be a job well done by Lopetegui for what he was brought for. It’s clearer now more than ever that he can’t get this team to progress any further than where it’s at. Thank you for building the foundation for the next manager to come and elevate this team where it needs to be.

5 Likes

We shouldn’t forget his achievements with the club. I said he was a great candidate for Newcastle, as a manager who could stabilise and shape a team to challenge for European places. The kind of manager who as you say gets you so far, but not to where you really want to be. I believe he has to go this summer (preferably now tbh), I hope Everton or Tottenham come in for him as I fear ‘objective achieved’ means another year of diminishing returns for the club

5 Likes

We’ve won 4 of our last 15 liga games, drawn 9, lost 2.

The amount of draws is not just some statistical blip or bizarre run of fortune, it’s absolutely crying out loud indicative of a deep and major problem. That problem has a name and it can be resolved with a 15 minute chat in the presidents office.

5 Likes

15 draws (fifteen)!! It’s ridiculous. It’s not a coincidence. It’s down to the manager and his negative, play to not lose tactics. No good only having four defeats if your draw column is huge.

I wonder what the record for draws is in a season.

5 Likes

Boavista, Genoa, Parma, Perugia & Preston currently have 16 draws this season. So topping this competition is within Lope’s grasp!

4 Likes

Well then.

7 Likes