Monchi out - Orta In

So, reviving the Monchi thread. The drip drip has officially begun. Isco tells his side of the Sevilla exit:

So Chris, it’s certainly not the P, but rather the jugular. Isco claims Monchi got violent with him and was the source of all the rumors around town saying Isco wanted out. Not sure what you all think of Isco’s credibility here, I am curious whether Monchi will respond, because his nearly impeccable reputation certainly takes a hit here.

We’ll see if the second half of the interview tomorrow has any other bombshells for Sevilla world, but I personally feel like whatever hit Monchi’s reputation takes here, I don’t see anything really making Sevilla look bad, per se. He sort throws a bit of a dart by saying “well, Monchi chokes me and no one in the club does or says anything”, but it doesn’t seem like there was much you could expect the club to do in that situation. Not going to say “our biggest star was choked by our biggest non player star”, not going to fire Monchi, so I don’t really feel like I can blame the management for staying mum.

On the bright side for Monchi, if there’s anyone that is REALLY embarrassed by this interview, it’s Union Berlin. If Isco’s account bears out or isn’t credibly refuted by the club, I suspect very few reputable players will want to join their project for quite some time.

3 Likes