Mendilibar out - Diego Alonso in

Sacking Mendi must be really cheap.
And what the hell is the board thinking?
I don’t see any diff if they hire coach like Marcelino (or Lope) again.

3 Likes

2 wins 4 draws and 4 defeats in 10 games is relegation form, if the At Madrid game went ahead Sevilla would have probably lost that too and it would look even worse. Not only are the results relegation-like, the tactics look like it. As does starting Jordan.

Except last season’s trash heap was Lope’s own making.

no

Sevilla have just started purging the lopeball out of the club as well as his shitty players, last thing they need is for him to come back. Besides, when offered the Villarreal job he thought himself as too good for La Liga and would only consider offers from the Premier League (reported by Romano)

Not sure if Gallardo would consider taking the position at this moment, looked up Diego Martinez and he’s sitting on top of the Greek league with Olympiacos and only 2 goals conceded, one to watch.

As said by you guys they probably have someone lined up and have about 10 days to sort everything together. The candidates would probably be something like this

Managers likely to sign: Marcelino (blegh) Michel (meh)
Managers I want: Glasner or Gallardo
Managers if Orta has his way: Marsch, Gracia (both are sub-standard, esp Marsch after failing with a talented RB squad)

4 Likes

What are your expectations of the resulted new named manager that will be announced soon and what is your presentiment of whatever direction the board will go.

• Optimistic
  • Neutral
  • Negative
0 voters

Likely the new one is in between the rumours I would be surprised if it wasn’t and they find somebody else outside of those who could be a positive surprise.

On one hand I’m afraid Orta goes full buddy mode.
I’m negative towards the rest of the board. So my feelings are not that positive, neutral at best, to be honest. Exciting or moving times tho.

2 Likes

Then there is the name of Raul Gonzalez Blanco.
Just throw a complete gamble in there, also something I would see this board do just that.

1 Like

god, I hope not. can we stop with these old retread managers? I hope Orta has a vision of someone long-term to compliment the way he is building our roster. Almeria swooped up Gaizka Garitan who I had eyes on, I thought he wouldn’t coach outside of the Basque region but I guess I was wrong. Would like to take a flier on someone like Albert Capellas.

4 Likes

this would be fantastic, but I believe he’s next in line for Madrid. unless he thinks otherwise, can’t see him losing that job to come here.

2 Likes

Well Castro,Orta & young del Nido have travelled to Madrid last night, so make of that what you will???

2 Likes

Hey everyone, send me a message on Sevillistas Worldwide

or what’s app - +17032546495 letting me know your thoughts on the sacking and who you want to be the new jefe.

3 Likes

I do feel for Mendi comfortably steering us to safety last season and winning the Europa.

However, the start to this campaign is equally as poor as last year and we again find ourselves staring above the relegation zone. Two draws in the Champions League isn’t great either.

So I guess it doesn’t come as a surprise but I do hope the right appointment is made and one for the long-term. Far too many managerial changes and instability recently and the board need to sort it.

6 Likes

Just appoint these two guys in some Kompany-esque manager-player-combo :innocent:

6 Likes

Looking like Quique Sánchez Flores.

2 Likes

Have always dreamed of a Kike Sanchez Flores managerial debut.

1 Like

If this is your aunt, you can’t help but be a legend:

Waiting for him to arrive at Legendary with Sevilla FC

2 Likes

don’t hate it. doesn’t seem like he’s had much success in years, but who knows. he is one attractive man, though. he can speak great English as well, which might help.

2 Likes

Random question: how is Simeone’s English? Is it critical to speak English to manage top European players? weirdly became an issue with Mendi, really never paid attention to it before him…

1 Like

I passed her statue while roaming the streets of Jerez on a warm summer day.

I remember two things about her, people saying the statue exegerates how elegant and attractive her actual shapes were.

And the saying, “ni canta ni baila pero no se la pierdan”. Something to be famous for. Lol.

1 Like

A name that’s been linked to us for quite some time, the only drawback about sackings and appointments during the international break is the wait before seeing the team in action again. So I did some scouring on the net and found some of the tactics from his last stint in Getafe, this should get us warmed up on what to expect:

Quique Sanchez Tactics

A video where he discusses his tactics when he won 3-0 versus Liverpool
Flores Tactics 2

I know Glasner was probably never on the list but his tactics are also worth a read, the 3-4-3 tactic he brings is an interesting system and focuses on fluidity and he has a knack of getting the best out of otherwise limited personal. Would have been interesting to see if it could be put into action with the current squad, Djibril Sow won the Europa with him so at least he would understand the task.

Glasner Tactics 1

Glasner Tactics 2

Glasner Tactics 3

Apologies for the Glasner lovefest but there just seems to be more analysis on his system than Flores, would love to read more stuff on Flores if anyone can find them.

2 Likes

Any manager that’s longest tenure is 2 years should give you red flags… Sevilla brass… Nah he’s perfect.

3 Likes

That looks to be exactly what the board is looking for Chris. An easy option for short term.

Glasner would be more difficult to incorporate and get going and needs more interpreting which will be a big gamble in a rushed overtake like this one. I would scratch my head a couple times if they go for a foreign coach without much time for adaptation, and not give him the full summer preseason.

3 Likes

I don’t hate QSF I must say. Much prefer him to Gracia, Marcelino or Michel.

4 Likes