MD7: Sevilla vs Eibar [20/21]

Rakitic. :unamused:

I get the nostalgia about it, but can’t help thinking this reunion is going to be a flop.

Not looking good to be fair. Eibar are looking solid and we huffing and puffing but no quality in final third so far.

2 Likes

Suicidal lineup out right now.

2 Likes

So we played Óliver & Óscar, what went wrong? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Again unable to watch anything lads, not my schedule so far… But reading this doesn’t surprise me that much, altho again I tend to expect more… I will stop that soon enough.

2 Likes

Time to see what the character is of this squad having drawn 1 and lost 2 of our last 3 games. Big game Wednesday night now.

3 Likes

Too much inconsistency… I have a feeling we won’t be able to achieve anything worthy this season because of that. Too many inconsistent players that show up only when they’re in the mood, and not when it is needed. It’s not that the players don’t have the potential, but perhaps they’re mentally weak… or it might be Lope’s fault for not being able to mentally charge them in a correct way, not sure.

Pozo and Bryan Gil were immense tonight though. Not sure what Monchi was thinking for allowing them to play against us, we usually don’t allow the loaned out players to play against us… it’s not that not playing against us would impact their development anyway, but with tonight’s performance, I would have brought them back and rescind some of our players contracts immediately.

Shit/inconsistent players imo: Vaclik (utter shit), Rakitic, Mudo, Munir, YEN, Suso, Diego Carlos, De Jong, Ocampos, Jordan, Oliver Torres, Sergi Gomez.

Ocampos is extremely selfish, not sure what is happening with him, a tragicomic situation.

6 Likes

Or maybe just be loaned out or something… can’t put up with his shit anymore. The chance he missed, there should be monetary fines for that, totally rubbish.

3 Likes

Said the games versus Granada and Eibar were crucial to setting up a rhythm, and now the team only has an away draw to Chelsea to show for it, expected more. Would have expected Rakitic to bed in by now but Banega needed half the season to figure out his role last year.

And Navas played the full 90 again, this could end abruptly and badly.

3 Likes

Ocampos is way to big on himself, thinks after some of the foreign interest. We should be happy to have him, and acts like he’s untouchable and should play no matter what.

In Argentina as well, he has the audacity to claim a penalty. Well my man, come back to earth. Otherwise fuck off. Stats wise he overperformed last season and the clutchness doesn’t come if you are not working for it.

In my opinion he hasn’t played a good game since levante pre season

5 Likes

They were not of sufficient level, neither were Ocampos or YEN or Rakitic or Vaclic or the rest apart from Navas. We were much better with Mudo who holds the ball well and distributes well but the team selection was poor and that cost us the game. We can’t play the cateneccio system hoping to win 1-0 every game because if the other buggers score and we don’t have a plan.

4 Likes

We seriously lacked the fight today and the quality up front. We struggle for goals and if we fall behind we rarely comeback to win. In last 3 games we not scored which is worrying. We only scored more than one goal in a game so far this season which was against Cadiz.

We seriously need kounde and Fernando back but we can’t keep relying on them all the time. We need other players to step up and especially in the attacking areas.

I also think a game like this shows we miss the fans too. The fans would have roared the team on here and may have helped us save a point. The performance was too flat and the team just didn’t have the belief, quality or energy to turn it around.

Last season was a great success in end and we still in a good place. However, in football things can turn fast now to back to back defeats to average teams who we beat last season has us in a spot of trouble now. We need a big result quickly or things could get rocky and go south quick.

I believe in lopetegui and squad to turn it around but we in a rut at moment.

3 Likes

Also I don’t just want to blame Ocampos, it’s just very noticeable like more have mentioned here. But it was him, munir or de jong who did score many of the coinflip games in our favour. What I said last year as well, many games could have flipped the other way and let’s hope this season is not the whole opposite of last one where that actually also happens to become reality.

3 Likes

Totally expected result, just from the fact that Reguilon and Banega are left.
Not that they are superstar,
but if you realize they are the top 3 (with navas) important players in Lope’s tactics last season,
and Lope rely heavily on 2 fast wing back and banega’s ability to switch side.
the replacement obviously fail to fulfill the role and tactics. not that Rakitic and Acuna are bad, but rather they are totally different players than their predecessors . (For example Acuna can’t make run to byline, he’sa passing type of LB and rakitic can’t drop deep and make breakthrough pass)
I’m not questioning Monchi but objectively the replacement of Banega and Reguilon seems to be doomed to fail, even if Idrissi is really good and Lope find new system and tactics.

For the comments of why Lope didn’t rest Navas, well because he can’t. We are a men without left arm, without navas it would be a men without both arms.

I expect similar results until Idrissi are good to play.

1 Like

It’s Eibar. Of course we were going to lose!

Idrissi is a winger, not a full back. Or are you saying that we’ll have better chances of scoring and creating scoring opportunities with him as a winger, instead of Suso, Ocampos and Munir? I’d really like to see him play too, but so far the injuries are not allowing him to play unfortunately.

2 Likes

Might be looking rough, putting way to much pressure and hope on Idrissi.

1 Like

You need something special in order to switch to a new (successful) tactics that doesn’t rely that heavily on 2 fast wing back and a deep lying playmaker.
So far I can’t see anyone among the attackers that enable this change of offensive tactics and Idrissi is the only one left.
If even Idrissi can’t make huge impact on tactics then i think Lope will use a even more defensive tactics.
I’m very limited on tactics thing so it’s just my guess. Maybe Lope can turn thing around even with these mediocre attackers.

3 Likes

We always waste 30 minutes of the first half like we never wanna win. What was the point of passing around in our half with no intention to attack?

There is no excuse for not even scoring against Granada and Eibar. We have beaten them last season effortlessly. The team seems to have stepped back while everyone expects a big step forward.

4 Likes

From the way it looks so far, RM and Atletico will be the ones in the title race. RM, although not at their best, will most likely win it at the end, with the help of their pals (referees and VAR) as always.

3 Likes