MD4: Sevilla vs Levante [20/21]

Without Lenglet, their average size drops by 10 cm too.

1 Like

Couldn’t watch it but did follow via app updates. Great heart by the team to get a last gasp winner, but the manner less so. For the second match running we’ve been bailed out by Navas, sure it works but not for 50 games a season. The others have to step up or Monchi needs to find someone who can.

Ocampos plays better on the left than the right, which means either Suso or a new signing has to step in. Rakitic is finding his pace and position on the pitch, understandable since it took the team half the season before they could play coherently, just hoping the likes of Oliver and Oscar can see more pitch time and contribute with their dribbling and ball movement.

Feel good for YEN to finally score and banish some demons but the attack still needs bolstering, 3 games in the space of a week with one being a 120 minute slugfest with Bayern is draining on the players and that is never good this early in the season. The international break will be welcome but they must be prepared to rotate with Champions League games coming up, last thing I want is to rely on the same 11-13 players game after game a la Man Utd.

The latest Spain squad has been announced and Luis Enrique has called up Navas again, can he ever get a breather? And not one Atletico Madrid player was called up, either Enrique doesn’t rate them or he wants to tire out Navas early.

3 Likes

Also on the funny side of the news, an ex player now player manager spoke about phone calls going around between Barça and Sevilla, a possible loan option (we know they don´t have money) for Luuk de Jong. Koeman obviously connected to it. However Monchi apparently was against and so far blew it off.
I´m fine selling Luuk but as a loan for 1 year to them? no fucking way.

2 Likes

Barcelona can go fuck themselves. Why would we severely weaken ourselves and strengthen them.

I tell you what we will do that deal, but Messi comes the other way.

3 Likes

Sadly despite all the trouble at Barca on and off field they now just as good as ever again. They always bounce back and too many la liga teams including us either don’t have quality or belief to hurt them.

Only in the champions league do they get properly exposed.

1 Like

Keep the faith guys. 2-1 Sevilla win incoming.

2 Likes

Rakitic is still far from completely replacing Banega, properly. As for Jordan, he doesn’t need to be Banega, I’d be happy with him if he turns into our Koke (of Atletico), that would be his top potential and it would be good for us too.

Carlos Fernandez is most probably leaving, although I also would have liked for him to stay :confused:

3 Likes