MD4: Sevilla vs Levante [20/21]

That’s how Atletico became 2013-14 champion of La Liga and reached the finals of CL. In fact they played better football in CL than in La Liga. You can’t play well all the time and win, that’s reserved for Barca of 2008-09 and their historic sextuple, which Bayern won’t match as the FCWC will be played in early 2021, and Bayern cannot even compare to the majesty and the beauty of 2008-09 Barca.

3 Likes

Can´t wait till next Sunday for a cracker of a game! Hope we rest well, reset and for once beat those blue red catalans!

3 Likes

We need to be more clinical in front of goal. Only 2 shots on target from 16 is poor. We desperately need another striker! I am happy for YEN though. Good for his confidence.

5 Likes

Carlos Fernández still “injured”?

I can’t see it unfortunately. We never fare well at the camp nou. It would be great to beat them for once but I’d take a fighting performance as long as we don’t get humiliated like last season and many years before.

3 Likes

We have the force, but it will be referee dependent.

2 Likes

I know it’s the ‘big team mentality’ way of winning but seriously we can’t rely on winning by 1 goal in minute 92.

3 Likes

It’s always Navas!
I’ve said many times recently but i still have to say again, the offensive power this season is very concerning.
It’s especially true when Escudero is our starting LB and Banega Reguilon are left.
Fernando is our best midfield now, because he doesn’t make stupid unforced error/pass and strong in defense. Our other midfields include Rakitic seems doesn’t have area particularly good at.
When a lack of speed and creativity midfield combine with slow or wasteful attackers, I just can’t have any optimistic this year team can achieve great result in ECL, even if we manage to get 10 straight win in league for example.
I certainly hope Lope and Monchi prove me wrong.

7 Likes

I wish Messi had left. I would have been more confident then. I’m sick of Messi and Barca I can’t do without you love affair. Barca scared to lose Messi and Messi scared to step outside his comfort zone. They deserve a bad season for that alone.

4 Likes

I think the best we can hope for again his 4th in league and last 16 in champions league. I agree we too light up front. If we had a bit more I’d be confident we could maybe get to next level.

A better run in Copa del Rey would be nice though.

4 Likes

Great win, big 3 points only in the second game…

2 Likes

Also great goal for Nesri, really pleased for him

4 Likes

I thought the boys looked very leggy tonight. The three games in 7 days caught up to them. Let’s hope the physios get them fit for Sunday.

4 Likes

It would be awesome to get something out of the Barca game on Sunday, though I highly doubt it. The fatigue has taken its toll and the international break will help us immensely with fitness, especially for the players without international duties.

1 Like

We are too soft to inflict any damage on Barca, mark Navas well, then we have no teeth to bite…

3 Likes

Even in our best years we never get anything at Barca. They seem to have bounced by from the poor end of season and all the off the pitch problems. We always get them early and away too. Normally when they in form as well.

I just hope we can push them a bit and not get humiliated like Villarreal did or like we normally do. Problem is with Messi still there, Fati becoming a new superstar, dembele and coutinho they got so much attacking power to hurt us.

It’s a big test for bono and the defence. Hopefully they can play well and we can keep it close and make them earn it. Vamos!

1 Like

I will be somewhere in France on Sunday evening with no means of watching the game on tv or following it on-line.

Maybe it’s for the best eh? :star_struck:

2 Likes

I love bayern’s direct quick passing style. The only thing their team lacks is a player of messi’'s calibre to entertain fans.

I believe we can get some points against Barcelona. I know rakitic will try and prove Barcelona wrong. Jordan looked decent today, for some moments in the game I even thought he was BANEGA. I am hoping Carlos Fernandez gets a chance to play against Barcelona. He has the frame of luuk de Jong and mobility of benzema. I don’t know why he is still on the bench

2 Likes

Lenglet sent off for Barca last night. Umtiti still out through injury. So they only have Gerard Pique to face us out of their usual back line. Roberto and Alba played last night and they are both prone to mistakes.

Yeah I know I’m clutching at straws.

4 Likes