MD4 - Sevilla FC vs Barcelona [22/23]

We do sometimes play with a whole other expression when playing these games against bigger opponents and with the RSP hopefully buzzing, it might not be that gloomy. The worst thing that could happen is an early goal for Barca and the RSP turning against the team and Lope.

When we played the Copa del Rey finale a few years ago I had my hopes up and optimism was all around us. We got thrashed. Now I feel it is quite the other way around, so fingers crossed…

3 Likes

Oh man… I still have nightmares from that CDR final.

It was the first game that I took my then-girlfriend (now fiance) to watch in a local bar - you can imagine the feeling :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If we do get hammered the crowd reaction will be telling. They don’t normally do tantrums losing to Barca or Madrid by a few goals at home, only against lowly teams.

Long time ago we went to Monaco convinced Barca would thrash us but surprise surprise 0-3 and we did the thrashing.

2 Likes

Not exactly an ideal time to be playing Barca but I’m hoping we might spring a surprise and a game against ‘big’ opponents sparks a performance. At the RSP with the crowd buzzing, you never know. I’m expecting a defeat by a few goals but football is a strange game as we all know.

3 Likes

Hey hey big news, congratulations buddy.

1 Like

Might depend on this result from Madrid.

1 Like

Jordan x Rakitic combo and Gudelj starting as well

Can’t wait to watch this one…

4 Likes

Shocked we didn’t see an even more defensive lineup.

That is ultra defensive. What’s the plan to try park the bus for 90 mins? We have to have a go as we can’t play like that the full game.

Let’s hope for the best and the players need the crowd more than ever tonight. Vamos!

We’re doomed.

3 Likes

Shocked that Dolberg is on the bench after the moaning of Dopeytegui.

2 Likes

Sadiq scores for R.Soc minutes after coming on.

1 Like

Hold it, could have been off the hand

I might give the first half a miss and go in after the changes.

2 Likes

Just to rub salt in the wound. We should have been in for a player like that.

1 Like

We were Mark, perhaps he preferred R.Soc but we couldn’t outbid them.

1 Like

I wouldn’t blame you. I’m glutton for punishment though so will watching from minute 1 haha

Yeah that’s true. They just offered more which is a shame. He’s a real talent and live wire

1 Like

Jordan & Rakitic reunited again in midfield, but i’m not disappointed this time. Even if they aren’t the best defensively, they usually don’t stray out of position often to disrupt the structure. We haven’t kept a clean sheet yet, so we need to take care of our own goal first. Bringing Oliver on after the break should be better for us.

It’s a game for the 2nd half, so @Brian i don’t blame you. :laughing:

1 Like