MD38: Sevilla FC at Real Sociedad

1 Like

A couple young faces in the lineup to freshen things up and wrap up quite the eventful season. I enjoyed Manu Bueno in that Madrid game. Let’s see how he plays alongside Gueye.

3 Likes

Also, the reverse fixture was such a mess and was probably the lowest i’ve felt as a Sevilla fan since the Jairo Samperio days (2011-2012). I sacrilegiously turned the game off after Nianzou received our 2nd straight red of the game, cause everything turned into a farce. I mentally couldn’t take it anymore, even though there was only 1 more half of football before the WC break. It wasn’t just La Liga spitting in my face (as usual), but the culmination of bad luck & bad decisions that plagued us since February 2022.

All that with the fact that i was a bit envious of Real Sociedad occupying our place in the top 4. I respect them cause they’ve been a serious threat for 3 straight years, but even a decent team before that (not to mention their history). Seeing them secure top 4 is admirable, but i kinda want to knock them off their perch here. There’s still a bit to play for on our side, but can we get in their heads a little? Can we have a “yall did great and all, but i don’t think you mf’ers are that good in the first place” typa game to end the season, and add some spice for the sequel?

And with that, vamos mi puto Sevilla Futbol Club.

5 Likes

If Gueye gets a red well I’m not watching any more games … this season.

4 Likes

Del cerro grande so posible haha

3 Likes

That doesn’t look good at all god I hope he’s okay

2 Likes

Lots of minutes in the past week for him. Hopefully just a pull and not a tear.

4 Likes

And Sociedad score, brutal slip there cost us

3 Likes

Their goal was a catalogue of errors by Sevilla but no excuse, Dmitrovic has been by far the busiest goalkeeper because Sevilla have not shown much enterprise.

3 Likes

Yellow for Oliver who looks like he was on vacation and was pulled off a Jamacian beach.

4 Likes

Hormigo has not been amazing I must say. Still young and we should be patient for him. Manu Bueno has been very decent on the other hand

3 Likes

These players can do nothing against high pressing.
With performance like this, We ain’t gonna stay at top 4 next season without a complete rebuild in summer.

2 Likes

Probably the goodbye game for Papu and maybe more. Hyped when he came, he had a few strings where he was the only one making it happen during Lope ball with crucial game winning actions, I still appreciate those moments but overall not the impact we hoped.

2 Likes

How have we not scored there

I wouldn’t look into this match that much. There’s nothing to play for at this point. We’re playing a bunch of kids and the team is probably still hungover after all the celebrations

2 Likes

We’re getting cooked.

1 Like

But what will happen with a trio of Jesuses on the field… :eyes: :pray: :palms_up_together:

1 Like

I mean, real Sociedad has nothing to play for, not us, we can still play for 7/8th finish.
If the player and Mendi are not interest to earn an extra 10M for the club, I’d seriously worry what’s the target next season.

1 Like

Great goal by Lamela there, if it’s not disallowed

3 Likes

it stands but will it change much.

2 Likes