MD38: Sevilla FC at Real Sociedad

I must admit I’m surprised that was given. I’d be very upset if that was given against us. Fortunately I don’t think Sociedadbwill be all too upset given that it doesn’t really mean anything for them

1 Like

Fair win for Sociedad. Our player’s hearts were not there tonight.

Two negatives from this match:

• Rafa Mir is a certified Tercera level player

• Oliver’s hairstyle… :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

More on the players I’d say… probably still drunk from partying and celebrating the EL triumph. Can’t really blame them to be honest, but finishing with 49 points marks our worst season in La Liga since 2001-02.

4 Likes

Y’all stay being harsh on Rafa! :joy: But the fact we never went after Joselu is crazy.

well that game was pretty shite.

What precisely did you expect, 0-5 ?

1 Like

i just wanted to enjoy some football. but also, if we’d won today it would’ve landed us in 8th and gotten us an extra 6m euros to play with in the offseason.

i understand that they were hungover. im not mad. just wasnt a good game.

1 Like

https://riverside.fm/studio/christopher-lails-studio?t=2908ff60d054fcd3aecd

If anyone wants to hop on tonight at 10PM Eastern.

Also likely too much Fernet and/or Cruzcampo last couple days, at least I can imagine if I were in their shoes.

2 Likes

Wasn’t great from us. Second half we gave it a go. Can’t say I was expecting too much after the midweek heroics and didn’t think our heart would really be in it as it was a nothing game really. We did rest players as well. Sociedad deserved the win.

I wouldn’t read too much into it though considering the circumstances and Champions League football being secured. That’s the main prize. Of course 12th isn’t where we want to be, but then we all would have taken it with the position we were in as recent as March.

It’s been a rollercoaster of a season but a lot better than we could have hoped to dream for at one stage. I’m sure we’re now in for another interesting summer and hopefully a much better league campaign next season.

Vamos!

2 Likes