MD35: Sevilla FC vs Real Betis

1 Like

Oh Gil Manzano on the pitch for the derby. In all his matches, he has given Sevilla the most yellow cards/game.

Team Yellows P/G
Sevilla 4.33
Osasuna 3.5
Rayo 3.33
Atletico 3.00
Real :poop: 2.00

He’s not the worst we could have drawn.

1 Like

With Girona losing today, we could jump them with a win.

3 Likes

A win today puts us at 50 points for the season and potentially tied for 7th place with Athletic Club, but I think they have us in goal differential. This is assuming Osasuna lose or tie to Atletico Madrid. We are not far from the Europe spot, but we do have a tough road ahead with some tough opponents…Elche, RM, Roma and Real Sociedad. For as tough of a season as it had been, we can still salvage some respect with a strong finish. Mendilibar has done an admirable job righting the ship.

On another note I was out on the town last night with friends…one of them was a Betico and we were all talking mad trash. Could use the W to quiet them down a bit.

3 Likes

Happy Derbi day folks! Vamos!

2 Likes

Currently in France making our way back to the Uk for the summer. Can’t get the game on tv here but have found a stream that looks ok. Hoping this works.
Sevilla vs Real :poop:, Spain: La Liga live stream - SuperRabbit77 Football Live Stream For Free

2 Likes

Isn’t the first tie breaker head to head? We haven’t lost to them this season, so we should be ahead in 7th shouldn’t we?

1 Like

Gotta be honest, I’d love to see Tecatito start this game, both because it saves some legs for the 31st and because the quality differential between him and whoever he could stand in for, just isn’t big enough right now to feel like we are somehow losing something by playing him.

Also expecting Gueye and Acuña to give it their all since they won’t play in UEL.

PREDICTION:

2-0, goals by Acuña and YEN.

2 Likes

Gil Manzano has been favourable to :poop: over the years and conversely has been antagonistic to Sevilla.

Manzano, Lahoz, Del Cerro Grande and Gonzalez Gonzalez are names that have cropped up in the Barca-gate scandal, which incidentally has years to go as the Taxman has a million documents to investigate before they can finalize prosecution.

Hope to see Tecatito today.

2 Likes

I am not quite sure…this article says
" La Liga decides their tie-breakers between two level clubs first through goal difference, like in the Premier League.

But, if points are equal between two or more clubs, then the tie is broken through:

1. Head-to-head points between tied teams
  2. Head-to-head goal difference between tied teams
  3. Goal difference"

Based off of our results against Atletico Club this season, 1-1 and 1-0, we are up a goal and would be 7th. I could be completely off though :).

3 Likes

4 Likes

Atmosphere before the game is crazy

8 Likes

OMFG what a poxy starting 11
8 changes in total.

Always love these derby matches. Full of incredible passion! We in a great moment so I expect the RSP to be bouncing. Vamos! It will be difficult after a long tiring game on Thursday and good to see some rotation.

4 Likes

We are playing so shit right now. :sweat_smile:

Has to be a yellow there, late challenge by Henrique

2 Likes

Montiel is playing like crap. Just got a yellow. Easy sub. Bring on Acuña.

2 Likes

Mendi - probably rightly - decided to give Telles more matchtime to get ready for the Final and to help the team get more accustomed to playing with him there rather than Acuna.

Papu needs to put more effort and desire into our cause. I also noticed some time ago that he tries not to pass to Lamela in good positions in attack whereas Lamela does pass to him in similar positions. Erik was visibly not very happy with that in a recent match.

Would be superb to win the Derbi and get to 7th place!

4 Likes

At least we’re doing a good job at kicking Canales

1 Like