MD35: Sevilla FC vs Real Betis

We didn’t really get going in that first half. Maybe all the changes have had an impact.

I’d like to see the likes of Acuna, Navas, Gil, Ocampos and YEN feature sooner rather than later.

2 Likes

Do we want Telles injured before the final? why wasn’t Acuña starting?
We’ll look much better with just a couple of changes, we don’t look too bad now considering the team but I’d like to see Acuña, Ocampos and Bryan.

2 Likes

YEN scores that, probably offside though

3 Likes

Suso nation time!!!

3 Likes

Poor execution of that chance. Two versus one defender and barely coming to a shot is simply not good enough.

3 Likes

Gueye has been great tonight; calm under pressure, making last-ditch tackles, shame his shoot earlier left a lot to be desired.

As we can hear, Joaquín has come on for poop

3 Likes

Also wtf with those Russian advertisements along the side of the pitch?!! :ukraine:

2 Likes

Why can’t Lamela be right footed?

1 Like

What a move!

1 Like

Disgusting challenge, should be a red

6 Likes

Shameful! Put@ :poop:!!

5 Likes

Miranda is hella lucky Navas’s leg wasn’t planted. I’d have gone to Seville myself and tune his ass up

6 Likes

Not Lamela’s best match in a Sevilla shirt

4 Likes

Great game and it’s still a good point gained for the club.

3 Likes

Decent game. Stronger from us in the second half, especially towards the end. The red card was an awful tackle.

Not a bad point though, especially after the exertions of Thursday and playing a makeshift side.

3 Likes

Gil Manzano impeccable, he can referee any of our games like that (for me). It looked like an agreed draw, no tension between players like a normal derby until the first yellow on 81 minutes, then on minute 85 all hell broke loose. Sevilla did 120 minutes Thursday so we can’t expect an explosive performance. The result was what I expected and I’m satisfied but parts of the game were not what I was expecting, we connected much better with Bryan on but Acuña didn’t have much impact.

2 Likes

We were the better team even with 11 v 11 and should have won this.
Several wasted chances, Mir, YEN, Lamela should have done better with the final ball - so frustrating. The clearest chance was probably when YEN had Lamela busting his gut to join him for 2 on 1 and then YEN mishit the simple pass badly, forcing Lamela too wide.
Erik should trust his right foot more, he scored more than one goal with his right in the past.

Glad Navas was not seriously injured, that was a nasty, cowardly high “tackle” on him.
Overall, the exertions of 125 minutes v Juve on Thursday probably affected the team, understandably not as sharp tonight.

5 Likes

Kind of expected after the heavy fatigue on Thursday vs. Juve for some players.

Almost a career-ending tackle on our legend there by that fuckface Miranda but glad that it didn’t harm Navas a lot in the end and he could continue.

Lamela was the worst player on the pitch btw… lost balance a few times, couldn’t dribble properly, terrible first touch when receiving passes etc. etc.

Up there with the deadweight Mir who missed a sitter in the second half.

4 Likes

Rakitic also had a bad night, but was surprised that he could manage to play the whole match after playing for 124 mins vs. Juve.

He’s a trooper.

1 Like

Had a great day today even with the draw. Grateful for times like this when we can all get together! @RyanMoore @Manuelmunoz1975 @Rene1 @Christin

6 Likes