MD30: Sevilla vs Villarreal

Fair goal to be fair. VAR got it right. We go again though!

1 Like

Ocampos crossing that ball all the way to me, here, in the Netherlands.

3 Likes

Very open game

1 Like

The changes are good but weā€™re just waiting for a counter attack while we really should be taking control of the game.

1 Like

Justified goal for that effort the last twenty minutes! Letsgoooo!!

5 Likes

MY MAN YOUSSEF!!!

6 Likes

Looking like 3 points, thank you Nesyri.

5 Likes

Clutch Yen.

Lamella needs to pass more.

1 Like

I love YEN so much

6 Likes

YEN!!! Bullet header! Vamos!!

4 Likes

Sevilla fans bouncing. What a week!

6 Likes

It was quite a poor second half from us but the subs made the difference. YEN with an amazing goal to give us the very needed 3 points. Nunca se rinde!

This will only add to the momentum and we have to keep playing decent football. There were a lot of sequences of Lope-ball or Sampa-ball in the second half so we have to be wary of those moments. Villarreal almost punished us in some occasions.

VAMOS MI SEVILLA!!! VAMOS CAMPEON!!!

6 Likes

YEN gives both sides of Sevilla something extra to celebrate this week.

What a week! Look at the team and the crowd celebrate! :hugs: What a difference Mendi has made.

Letā€™s keep it going boys!

6 Likes

Great to see Monchi smile again. Its really amazing to see what a small wave of succes can do for a team and individual players. Well done, guys!

4 Likes

The difference between Sampaoli and Mendilibar. You donā€™t need tons of unproductive possession to get a positive result. Football is about efficiency, not statistics. The most important thing at the end of the day is toā€¦ WIN!

Iā€™m starting to think this is the first time in a long time that the team is actually training for positioning, set pieces etc. in the training sessions. Lope and Sampa didnā€™t even prepare the matches properly - lack of opponent analysis and what not. Sometimes it felt that they just spammed a formation and hoped it will workā€¦ same thing over and over again.

Oh and the ref tried to fuck us up as almost always. Conspiracy or not, the refs in La Liga have something against Sevilla, and it will be too difficult to convince me that itā€™s not the case.

1 Like

I thought we were poor in the first half, inviting a defeat, the team needed Ocampos and Lamela to liven it up while Suso and Oliver were surplus to requirements. Mir got lucky and so did Sevilla, then we got focussed on the counter attack and didnā€™t manufacture anything, just waiting for a counter. We started to generate chances from 75 minutes onwards. The changes were late but correct. The referee was not in our favour so the victory was magnificent.

2 Likes

Villarreal took control of the match in the second, up to the 75th minute or so when we geared up.

Gueye was abysmal, Mir as well beside that nice goal. I still panic whenever the ball is near Nianzouā€¦ the guy is too fluffy at times, not very competent as a CB, although tonight he did so-so, not too bad.

We still canā€™t play the Mendi way with the B team, but thatā€™s ok I guess. As long as we can do it with the first team - we should be good to go. Not many many matches left until the end.

1 Like

I would love to be in La Feria now, well done players and especially the manager. I cannot believe the change in the whole club. We are becoming a force to be reckoned with againā€¦

5 Likes

Two lovely goals.

2 Likes

Just watched the replay on ESPN Plus.

Overall, I thought we did pretty well and especially in the final third made some good decisions. Needed to be a bit more proactive if you will cutting out their passes, but overall a good performance with two well worked goals.

Manager continues to make the right decisions and we continue to get results we need to save this season as it were. All is good.

Vamos!

1 Like