MD30: Sevilla vs Villarreal

Let’s see how Rakitic’s legs hold up after Thursday’s effort. It’ll be interesting to see whether Rafa poses much threat after a.long time warming the bench seats…

Not expecting too much from this side, would take a point from the game, but hopefully they give the crowd another reason to enjoy the start of Feria week!

4 Likes

A win gets us up around that 10 spot.

2 Likes

Yep it’s Feria and so not big crowd, and just want that we squish Chukueze pronto.

2 Likes

Turnover and Rakitic hit it over the bar trying to chip the keeper.

1 Like

Another chance Bryan’s shot goes over the bar.

1 Like

The quality of my stream plus ‘nightmode’ of my screen makes it impossible to differentiate the jerseys, only the socks look apart… :sleepy:

1 Like

If Suso expected that 1-2 to return to him, he would have a free hit. Rafa passing the ball needs to stop being a surprise. :smile:

1 Like

As satisfied as I am that the ref is allowing play to flow, it’s the fact that it’s inconsistent and won’t be seen again for another 20 or so matchdays. Hell, some of these same non-calls may become yellows in the 2nd half.

1 Like

RAFA!!! Suso looks great!

3 Likes

#Susonation

That’s also a fantastic finish from Mir

2 Likes

GOOOOOOL!!! VAMOS RAFA!!

Also, what are Villarreal doing?!?!

2 Likes

A most unlikely goal, Suso making the break and running 60+ yards to slide it to Rafa who pokes it into the top corner.

Never thought I’d say it, but great work from Suso!

3 Likes

Great save Dmitrovic. We need to get to half asap

3 Likes

Lucky to dodge the goal there. It’s been 3-4 chances in quick succession from Villarreal.

2 Likes

And Suso hits the post on a cross. So close. He’s been great thus far

2 Likes

Minus that one giveaway that lead to their first chance, I agree!

2 Likes

The front 6 has been doing the defense a favour in pressing Villarreal this half. We need to do a better job in capitalizing when in those positions. I think they started to tire towards the end and started to leave too many gaps. Very fortunate to still be in the lead.

If your football ain’t footballing, at least make your hard work show for it. I wonder how we adjust in the 2nd half. I think we just need Fernando.

3 Likes

Respect. How Mendilibar got this rusty squad oiled up so quick is admirable. Let’s hope it continues.

6 Likes

We need changes NOW or we’ll blow this. Ocampos and Fernando might change the balance, Suso off, he gets lucky sometimes but he’s useless in reality.

2 Likes

Blah, we should have nailed the coffin in the first half.

VAR doing its job there.

2 Likes