MD30: FC Barcelona vs Sevilla FC 3-5-2022 [21-22]

He’s finally making some changes. Let’s hope it’s not too late.

1 Like

Dude we just got two yellows for ‘protest’ wooooooooooooooooooow

3 Likes

Pique very lucky to still be on that pitch.

2 Likes

Shakira’s husband should have got a red for that…BS

5 Likes

Bounou man of the match. Perfomance was, in line with Lope’s style, decent. Fair result, can’t even be mad about this doodoo referee.

There we go folks we back in 4th. What a surprise :roll_eyes:

Martial and ocampos huge disappointments tonight. We defended great though and kounde and Carlos were great. Just not good enough in final third as usual.

2 Likes

Wait why are we in fourth? Same goal differential as Atletico, and we have the head to head too.

Shouldn’t we be third

1 Like

We’ve played a lot worse this season. I thought we did okay overall and contained Barca for large periods of the game, but ultimately a moment of quality from Pedri made the difference.

We just didn’t show enough going forward. A real battle now on for second place, with Barca and Atletico leapfrogging us tied on 57 points.

2 Likes

Head to head doesn’t kick in until we played each other twice. Both us and atleti are on same goal difference but they scored more so we 4th.

3 Likes

We will be 4th at best mate. Although that isn’t guaranteed considering :poop: form this season. We have a battle for 4th in my mind.

2 Likes

Exactly what i expect from Lope against big team.
Boring,
shoot on goal that can count one hand,
Good defensive effort that sacrifice offence,
Only try to play football after losing,
and at the end of the day: lose.

I never feel more un-passionated than this season.

4 Likes

Yes we do have a battle on our hands for 4th. The gap on Betpiss is now four points having played the same number of matches.

Some winnable homes games against teams struggling near the bottom, Granada, Cadiz and Mallorca and away at Levante.

However we’ve still got to play Real at home and Atletico and Villareal away, so some tough games to come.

3 Likes

I don’t think we should be too upset.

Barcelona are in crazy good form, and we’ve had loads of injuries, so at the end of the day a 1-0 loss isn’t horrible. What is horrible was our collapse over the past month or two

4 Likes

You’re right mate. It’s not losing tonight which will cost us. It’s all those draws against teams we should be beating such as Alaves and Rayo.

It’s criminal to throw away such a big points advantage which we had. The buck for that does have to lie with the manager and his tactics, although the huge list of injuries haven’t helped.

We must remember that this is a Barca team on an incredible run who dispatched Real 4-0 in their own backyard.

3 Likes

Great defensive display with just one stage of play where Dembele was given too much time and space to pick up an accurate cutback cross and Pedri produced phenomenal play and shot.
But in attack it was poor, Martial should have been taken off after 55 minutes if not at halftime, Ocampos was in his frustratung mode, Navas unusually poor, Rakitic too hesitant and ineffective (second game in a row v Barca when he looked as if he did not want to hurt them and played ultra conservatively).

You are right. We wasted our chances to finish 2nd in those winnable games at alaves and Rayo. Just not good enough. We paying the price now and could pay and even bigger price if we not careful going forward.

1 Like

Martial was a complete waste of a signing. He does absolutely nothing. No wonder Man Utd wanted shot of him. Embarrassing performance by him again.

6 Likes

Agree mate and about what you say re Martial. A real flop and huge disappointment after so much hope.

We are looking over our shoulders at top 4 and have to hope that our home form can carry us over the line. We also need Betpiss to drop a few points and thankfully they still have to play Real and Barca which should help. Even Sociedad are still in with a shout. If they win tomorrow night they go within six points of us.

5 Likes

Perhaps we could thank the Int’l break for halting Barça’s momentum somewhat. We still have issues on this team that need to be resolved. Bar Acuña & Fernando, we were still able to put out a strong team, so we can’t really use the injury excuse for this match. I don’t ever want to say that our players didn’t try, but in the biggest match of the season, with 2nd place at stake, i don’t think Ter Stegen was ever worried.

3 Likes

I think our defense was good today

1 Like