MD30: FC Barcelona vs Sevilla FC 3-5-2022 [21-22]

I’ve seen that nobody has created this thread.

Sevilla makes the trek to Barcelona to face red-hot Barcelona, after a two week break. Can Lopetegui’s men pull an upset with an injury ridden squad in poor form?

6 Likes

Glad you made the thread haha. Glad we have a few names back for the trip which is good. However, this could get really ugly for us. We playing arguably the most in form team in world football and we haven’t been playing well for ages. I feel damage limitation is on the cards tonight.

The likely scenario tonight is finally losing 2nd and ending in 4th with :poop: right on our heels. Pretty depressing considering the circumstances a few weeks ago. Let’s see if the team and lope can prove me wrong. Vamos!

4 Likes

I don’t hold out much hope going into this game against an in form Barca team and us not playing anywhere near our best currently.

Hope they can prove me wrong and at least come away with a draw.

4 Likes

5 Likes

I don’t have much more to add either, here is to hoping we might surprise and hope for the best, Vamooooos!

Also Erik Lamela :clap::pray:

And once I’m in the positive flow, I predict a Martial goal tonight.

6 Likes

A 4-1 loss won’t be so bad then :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Definitely looking difficult this one. But sometimes you need your back against the wall to put up your biggest fight. It’s not impossible but every player needs to step up big time.

Low-key fearing that Barca will easily play around our kinda slow midfield, but crossing my fingers that especially Ivan will showcase his experience.

Hoping for a good and fair game. Also hoping the ref won’t be needing much attention…

1 Like

I’m not expecting many points from this game but I felt the same way before the recent derby. We definitely need to avoid any mishaps in the first 10 minutes.

I’ll be grateful if at least somebody nobbles Jordi Alba.

4 Likes

Line up tonight as strong as could be expected. We’re missing Fernando big time.

Vamos!

1 Like

The only two unbeaten (in LaLiga) teams in 2022 facing off, let’s go!

3 Likes

Gotta love the nostalgia of seeing Alves and Navas on the same pitch though.

3 Likes

This is going to be a long night :sleeping:

1 Like

Martial is killing our attacks quite efficiently so far with his lazy, lack-of-vision play/decision making.
But still the whole team is guilty of too much sideways and then backwards passing, retreating to our last third from promising positions near their box, hate to see that.
Someone needs to take more initiative and be more positive when we attack.

2 Likes

What in the universe was that freekick?

2 Likes

Who the hell is in charge of our set pieces, this is pathetic.

2 Likes

Jordan has decided to join Martial in negating whatever momentum we are building in attack.

2 Likes

We were giving Dembele too much space in the first half, especially the first 20 minutes.

Agreed but it’s Mir or YEN in the second half, I’m not sure which I prefer.

1 Like

Got to be happy with that first half. We did okay.

We contained Barca and were excellent defensively. Thought we kept the ball well and there were times when we were on top. Certainly more than matched them.

I’d like to see more from an attacking point of view as I don’t think we had a shot.

You can see why we’re 2nd though. Not many teams can contain Barca in the way we just have.

Vamos!

2 Likes

We defended well and kept the ball well. Not done much going forward but to be 0-0 at Barca is a very good effort. Still have me doubts we can keep this draw but we are doing much better than I though we would tonight.

2 Likes

Shots this game. At least we didn’t hit the cornerflag, hahahaha… We’re so not gonna win if we keep attacking like this

1 Like