MD3: Cádiz vs Sevilla [20/21]

Banega-esque from Jordan.

That’s how you do it, Munir.

5 Likes

Was about to summarize that last season we probably played worse and won, and we would eventualy forget how bad we played. But luckily Munir puts it in, atleast we didn´t forget to make a late winner.

3 Likes

Didn’t get to watch the game today but glad we seem to have turned it around.

WTF he was clearly onside

6 Likes

Yeah can only be Rakitic with the 1-3.

4 Likes

Jesus Navas MotM rightfully so, and the substitutes making all the differences. All good in the end, but was a struggle.

6 Likes

The game was an ugly frog that turned into a beautiful princess

6 Likes

YEN almost cost us the match. Props to Munir and De Jong for their goals, but no less merits for Navas and Jordan for the nice assists.

I still think we lack a bit of depth, especially at RWB and CF parts.

VAMOS!

5 Likes

If only Munir would have been available on Thursday. Wow what a performance.

5 Likes

Not sure what the VAR team were measuring there to be honest, the clearest onside action one could ever see lol.

4 Likes

Navas & De Jong developing quite an understanding.

But we were fortunate that Cadiz’ defence was so bad. A better team might’ve put us to the sword.

Way to get the 3 points. Levante next. Just the kind of team that makes you pay.

2 Likes

Someone show YEN that’s how you put a one-on-one away, with confidence. Munir could’ve done it in his sleep.

The result didn’t show the true nature of the match and there’s still issues to iron out, but a win is a win and sure am glad there are substitutes you can rely on to make an impact when you need one.

Still one week left in the window, time to reinforce wisely.

3 Likes

Great win! Didn’t see the game but will catch highlights later. I had a feeling this would be tricky playing a newly promoted team first up. Plus we could suffer fatigue from our long supercup exploits.

It’s clear we need a top striker. Credit to De jong and munir helping us turn it around. I’m glad rakitic scored on his first game too. That’s great news. It seems Navas was awesome again.

If we do sell kounde I hope we use the money to get a top striker in and either another centre back or right back. Vamos sevilla!

I really feel for the Sevilla fans who aren’t able to watch the team in stadiums right now. Hopefully if we half a decent 1st half or season we can get fans back sometime in 2021 so they can enjoy this great ride we on. Nice to get 3 points and come from behind. Vamos!

3 Likes

I see the possibility of compete for 3rd with Barca, but probably can’t without a better striker.
De jong only suit certain style of match, YEN can’t even shoot on target. Munir probably had the best finishing in the team but he lack the height, athleticism or technique to be a striker. For Carlos fernandez Lope seems doesn’t rate him.
If it’s me, i would sold 3 of them in exchange of a better striker.

1 Like

It was one of those games where things go wrong and Sevilla were spent, tired out, but pulled it round with the subs. Welcome back Rakitic.

Navas totally man of the match and looks like he has 4 more years in him.

Now let’s get Koundé back. The Troika of Carlos, Koundé and Fernando is fundamental.

Now Let’s see how Barca do.

5 Likes

De Jong is starting to get his mojo back. Doing what we first expected of him. Obviously taken him time to settle. Last few games of last season and first few of this. Just shows he will be a danger from crossed and set pieces. Either scoring or bring the ball down to other likes super cup. Yes he’s not the way we want to play. I would like a new striker signed. But he will be key this season, either off the bench or when we need to be more physical.

Good to see munir off and running. Maybe Susos place is under threat? As he hasn’t done much to be honest.

Today was always going to be a tough fixture. I see cadiz taking some big results at home this season

4 Likes

Atletico took a flyer on Suarez and he instantly scores a brace in a 6-1 thumping of Granada. They look like a different team already, very dangerous and possible sleeper pick for the title if Real can’t keep it going.

Wondering why Carlos Fernandez didn’t even see the pitch, is he really that bad of a fit with Sevilla’s tactics?

3 Likes

Edi wrote about the injury. Yet I feel even if he was fit, he wouldn´t have played…

1 Like

Given Cadiz wore Yellow, what colour was Bono in today please guys?

1 Like

I think Munir and De jong should play together, one as the target man, and the other as the poacher. De jong alone upfront wouldn’t create more chances, he needs a little help to tap in the loose balls,
Additionally, we need some crowding in opponent’s box, just like Bayern did against us…

4 Likes