MD3 - Almeria vs Sevilla FC [22/23]

Yeah I agree bro. I think we personally should sack him now. He looks fed up and despondent. The guy is lacking passion now and players aren’t playing for him.

The sooner we change the better. There is no way we will be anywhere near 4th or maybe even top 6 if we keep this current setup. Other teams have moved past us now, play better football, strengthened and just better morale at the clubs.

I fear for us against Barca and Man City. Just don’t know where our first win is going to come from. It’s truly sad to see our demise. I just hope the club wakes up and reacts before it’s to late.

The thing is now he’s not even getting the results to paper the cracks. All the teams have worked us out and the luck has ran out.

Therefore, nothing is currently going in the team or lope favour. If we can keep the score down against Barca, City and Villarreal it will be an achievement I feel.

We have espanyol in that run too but won’t be easy either due to our poor away form for ages.

Deficit? I could see a 1-0 win vs Barça, and draw vs City.

Creating superiority in midfield, playing Lamela in same line as Rafa, and addressing our lack of a LW and making our attackers play thru there. Also as @Jesus alluded to, the movement off the ball opened up more spaces for danger. We just don’t like to step on other teams’ throats, and it backfired.

We raise our game against the big teams, and i still think we can step to this Barça side. We got outdone by a brilliant Pedri goal last time out. I l know it’s a new team, with even better players, i’m not so sure they’re that much better than us yet. Lopetegui has obviously been let down by Monchi’s lack of work in the market and is making the most out of what he has.

2 Likes

Also, i’m done watching La Liga. There’s no way Spain’s top refs are officiating games like this and calling it the standard.

2 Likes

Yes, This. The referees are ruining the games. It’s just hard to watch a match, no matter who’s playing

2 Likes

The voice of the fans is clear.
LOPETEGUI RESIGN!!!

Has he gone yet?

1 Like

Didn’t get to watch it, I got back in my hometown and went to the local festival and caught up with my old friends.

I honestly had to laugh when I saw the result, out of pity, I want them to have the balls to not fire him, and endure the whole season as all seasons before this could have gone as well. That would show how much they really support him and his football, but as said before there is not much speaking in his favour when the results fall away. It’s catching up.

I wanted to get some Rogelio quotes up here to hype up Lope. But even he had enough it seems.

2 Likes

I missed the match live too. I’ll catch up tomorrow and of course the podcast is going to be lively.

2 Likes

Lope said the defeat is a “mental problem” and he is absolutely right, the mental of Lope & the board have some serious problem (not so much on the players).

1 Like

Happy MM anniversary @Enrico :beers: :champagne: :fireworks:

2 Likes

Lope is still with the club? Hurray!

1 Like

Thanks, beautiful profile you got there btw :joy:

The thing I find hard to imagine, that if they didn’t doubt before the ending of last season, and they don’t want to pay the exit money for Lope. They have to be in some sort of fairyland mindset to think that against the will of everybody involved, continuing on the same road will be smart. They severely overestimated how secure we reached the objectives before. It’s also an insult to la Liga to think, with things only going worst as they went to think they would accomplish the same. And now we get to pay the final price.

Also who thinks at what game we get our first victory?
Is the team as badly down that we will rise to ascension and beat one of the big clubs or will it be, Espanyol, Copenhagen or maybe even Mallorca in November, any guessers?
With the schedule coming up, even if you get a new manager, completely new to the squad he has to basically be Jezus to revive the team to bring the hope to turn things around with the streak of games coming up lol. It’s either a manager who lost all hope and just takes the job for taking the job and doesn’t mind potential failure, or an extremely brave one, with no fear, and hopefully with the right tools to fix the the ship that was almost willingly made to sink.

4 Likes

Can anyone hear well enough to translate? @TimSpence2 @Brian @RyanMoore @Manuelmunoz1975

3 Likes

He’s asking for calm and unity, says that they’re affecting moral. You’re mostly young but we seen much worse situations.Then he says something I can’t make out maybe ‘inversion’ (investment) and finishes with ‘We’ll sort it out and go forward’

4 Likes

Imaginación no? O I think vamos todos en la misma dirección. Not everybody their own way, and some confidence. It’s just 3 games.

Don’t think it will help much, considering those games we had and the schedule ahead.

2 Likes

Lope’s Presser leaves me stunned again, I’m not sure he’s from this planet.

He says we have to improve
(master of the blindingly obvious)

We were better in the first half and their first goal upset us, maybe psyched us.

(don’t professional players have some psychological endurance?)

In the second half we were too eager and losses of possession led to the second goal.

(So that’s it then, it’s definitely the teams fault. Teams can lose possession 6 times in a minute, it’s an eternal to and fro, what sort of excuse is that)

Our football is somewhere between dire and non-existant thanks to one person, it’s not the players it’s the system. All our goals come from scrappy low-definition football, yesterdays goal was totally incidental, last weeks goal totally accidental, and so it goes, no one is to blame apart from the Manager.

4 Likes

Sounded more like ‘imersion’ to me and I can only think he’s saying ‘inversion’, he doesn’t speak too clearly at the best of times.

1 Like

I mean… expecting something to miraculously change with the same coach and squad in 5-6 days before our ‘brutal run of games’ is not only naive, but totally gullible. It’s actually insulting to all Sevillista’s intelligence, even to the extraordinarily optimistic ones. That’s what our management is expecting.

The only way to change is to try and force change… change will not come out of nowhere or fall from the sky.

We all know this season won’t even be a remotely successful one - so if we’re going to make the necessary ‘fall’ in order to experience that very much needed ‘raise’ (on level), we should at least not do it with the same system and mentality.

We can’t repeat the same mistake over and over… @Monchi, @Castro - act before it’s too late!

4 Likes

So basically we had this summer 2 months to make a well thought out transition, with time and planning, and we didn’t do it. And now they are gonna take a rushed decision turning the whole season into a transitional period. Failed management indeed.

1 Like