MD26: Sevilla FC at Getafe

We are lucky that none of the teams below us won this weekend otherwise we could be 18th.
Thank god I get a week off from watching this shower.
Plus I have sold my seat back for the Celta game, another 20euros towards next seasons card. no way am I driving into Sevilla on good Friday.

6 Likes

I’m not sure, we didn’t have Lamela, or Fernando, Tecatito still not fit enough, Nianzou out, no Papu, no Marcáo etc. etc. inability to get a settled side is costing us.

When it came to thinking of substitutes it was a tremendous head scratcher who to put where.

2 Likes

There seemed to be no game plan other than hit it and hope. The players looked dejected after that first goal and then had little fight or ideas on how to get back into the game. Getafe looked like they could have scored more goals in this one.

During the break the coaches need to get the players’ heads up, get them organised at the back and ready to fight because it’s going to be a really tense end to the season

Forget next season right now and secure La Liga status .

3 Likes

It’s true that we’re too thin to rotate and retain the quality, but it’s more about the overall approach to the game. Almost every player is somehow less willing to win and less confident when playing away
 quite weird.

3 Likes

Lots of Sevillistas in Twitter and Hastalamuerte calling for Sampi’s head already.

What do you folks think?

I’d give him time until the game vs. Valencia to make an overall statement on this.

2 Likes

While I didn’t agree with the appointment, it’s overall not his fault. It’s not fair for him to take the wrap here.

I don’t see the benefit of sacking a manager this late anyway. Might as well give him the rest of the season now.

3 Likes

He may be gone sooner than the Valencia game. There are “mutterings” re a meeting tomorrow to decide the fate of Sampi.
According to muchodeporte there is a clause in his contract stating that Sevilla can sack him without cost to the club if the team is not in European positions in May .
That is already practically a fact, so Sampaoli must consider whether to leave with honour if the door is opened, or wait until he is booted in May.

2 Likes

Players can be motivated and pushed beyond their abilities; however, they have to be set up in the right positions with a great leader. I don’t see Sampaoli doing either.

To go into this game without YEN up top was dumb. We are going into a break so rotation shouldn’t matter. It’s just time and time again he picks the wrong lineup, trying to push this 5 in the back with players that aren’t up for it.

Talk about setting your priorities. A relegation six-pointer followed by a trip to Old Toilet. The club might get something in the home game but nothing is ever certain in an Euorpean game on foreign soil.

Samp can be sacked but I really don’t see anyone who can lift this team up in such short time and with the sheer amount of dross accumulated over the last 3-4 seasons, with more coming back from loan.

1 Like

Sounds like things went as rough in this game as in the preparation leading up to it. Also looks like losing in Turkey and just surviving on aggregate doesn’t lift the team as much as we hoped and there is a lot of tiredness and other lack of fitness. If it was all mental, im not sure how that explains it.

Typical to just see Munir do his thing against us, and Enes after being on our list for years putting in another one as well.

May the international break do us good :pray:

2 Likes

JoaquĂ­n CaparrĂłs?

His name is being rumored but I think it’s just a wish at this point. He’s without a team but I doubt he’ll take on the ‘caretaker’ role once again, only to be replaced in the summer.

1 Like

I was surprised but quite hopeful when Samp was appointed, but it’s clear that he wasn’t the right appointment, they needed someone able to motivate and maybe take the leash off the team a little, rather than whatever free-form mess the team is trying to operate in right now

I’d do the deed now if they have someone else on speed dial, give them the international break to work with the players before dealing with the rest of the season.

At the end of the season Castro et al should fall on their sword and we rebuild in full. It’s going to be a huge task for any manager next year as there’s going to be little money, few incentives for players to stay or sign on and I’m not sure whether there are many Canteranos ready to step into the first team.

1 Like

Nothing official as of yet, anything can happen.

1 Like

Meeting at 5:00 pm and I suppose it could end anywhere between 5:30 and 9:00.

I don’t see the logic behind a Mendilbar appointment, he’s experienced in relegation battles, that’s true but he’s equally experienced at getting relegated or getting the sack just before the team gets relegated.

If Sampi has to go then it simply must be Cararros.

3 Likes

Totally agreed

1 Like

la liga soccer GIF by Sevilla FĂștbol Club

:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Btw, to avoid any confusion, that’s an old GIF
 figured someone would assume it was a recent posting by SFC media, which would obviously be quite a clear signal. Sadly, still no signal of where they’ll go, assuming Sampaoli is sacked

Given that Xavi and Rakitic are practically contemporaries, why don’t we make CapRak the coach for the rest of the season? Or let Caparrós play midfield. One or the other.

2 Likes

I was hoping for Jordan, anything to keep him off the pitch.

1 Like