MD26: Sevilla FC at Getafe

Yes Matias Arbol is Sevilla Atlético’s third choice keeper.

1 Like

A win here puts us solidly within striking distance of the mid table teams. Losses from Mallorca and Osasuna, along with ties from Girona and Rayo helping us out. Now time for us to perform. ¡Vamos!

3 Likes

Nianzou didn’t make it after all.

1 Like

Sevilla didn’t start well and are slowly getting worse. Just a couple of counters resulting from rebounds.

1 Like

Was that a Munir sighting?

3 Likes

Frantic scrambling to defend that Getafe chance, Pape Gueye with a vital block.

Not seeing much from this false 9 so far, Bryan is either being pulled back too deep or the ball is getting lofted forward without much of a plan.

3 Likes

Masterclass in shithousery by Damián

3 Likes

Bade was playing rugby there…

1 Like

Yes he’s just trying to wind up Acuña and then pretends it’s just friendly competition, next move puts the elbow in Acuña’s neck. It’s not going to stay friendly but I’ve no doubt that Mateu Lahoz will give Getafe the benefit of the doubt.

4 Likes

A good bit of play there before Torres misses a good chance, which he was also offside for.

3 Likes

Even though it was offside, terrible miss by Oliver. At least we’re getting closer though. Keep it going.

6 Likes

Whenever we play without stiker, it’s not good. I don’t understand this formations

3 Likes

Sevilla’s defensive shape is awful

2 Likes

Classic gift from an ex-Sevillista. Thanks Munir

6 Likes

Gil needs someone to pass to in the box when he has the ball in advanced areas.
Ocampos ahould be further up the field to support Bryan, but also needs more/better service - hasn’t had much of the ball at all yet.

Need to either push Ocampos into the centre of the box more often when we are attacking, or may have to send Rafa Mir or YEN on asap.

4 Likes

The past few years, I’ve been complaining about our lack of a good Striker. I still think it’s an issue, but I think I’m coming to realize that our mediocre midfield is more of the issue. We have nobody to really feed the Striker. We prefer the back pass.

7 Likes

Gil and Ocampos are chasing nothings and so they’re close to worn out already, Nesyri is warming up though and he’s a great help in defence.

I often think that if Bono’s distribution were better we’d create a lot more chances.

4 Likes

JS strikes again with a dumb starting lineup.

3 Likes

@TimSpence2 has been a Day 1 advocate of seeing Ocampos thru the middle. I’m seeing the benefits it gives us, but our team consistently fails to service whoever is the focal point in attack.

We’re looking forward, but we lack the quality to take risks to find our players in good positions. Perhaps bring in Rakitic?

1 Like

The Villarreal Osasuna game was a window on football. Villarreal struck early and then run out of ideas and steam, late in the game they went long ball, then Morales scored from the centre circle, minutes later two touches from a goal kick and Morales got his second.

1 Like