MD24: Sevilla FC vs Elche [21-22]

I didn’t see it, to me it seems like he’s got impetus going forward but not the quality, really disappointed in him so far.

2 Likes

Well yes, with both Martial AND En-Nesyri both needing time and rythm understandably its not flowing up front, but considering the circumstances I think Martial does alright.

2 Likes

January - March 21 he scored pretty consistently in La Liga & in CL vs Dortmund.

1 Like

Starting YEN was a bad idea.

1. He’s been injured since October or so.

2. I feel as if he is the kind of player that takes a while to get into a groove. It took him almost a year to get in form with us. I know he was criticized after his first half season, and was still pretty wasteful at the beginning of last season as well.

3. He can do a lot off the bench, more so than say Rafa Mir. YEN has the pace and energy that can be crucial when he comes in off the bench, and if we waste him early, then I don’t think Mir can add that quite as well

3 Likes

I have been impressed with Tecatito again. He’s a livewire and got great touch and change of pace. Martial attempting to link better with papu who has looked dangerous. Both players have looked sharp.

YEN has let us down tonight and been the clear weak link. We have provided him with service but his touch is poor and he looks a step to slow.

Elche are playing well. They are defending well and also matched us in possession. They had a few half chances themselves too. We have to be careful with their counters.

Overall it’s a fair result so far and a good battle. Both defences on top and the midfield battle is being cancelled out. This looks to have 0-0 written all over it but I’m hoping we can raise it a bit to try get the win. We do have more options on the bench to change things that could help us 2nd half.

Let’s see what happens but so far a very intense match. Vamos sevilla!

5 Likes

I think if Fernando is actually fit enough to play, put him on and take Martial off. That would leave the wing to Acuña and the extra supremacy in the centre would carry us forward to the victory.

3 Likes

I agree. Mir should have started tonight and also against osasuna. I don’t understand why YEN has come straight back in to be honest. He needs to earn his start over mir which he hasn’t. YEN is off the pace and doesn’t look fit.

3 Likes

Can’t afford a draw, really feeding the chasing clubs hope at the start of the weekend.

Vamoooooss!

5 Likes

Missed the first half due to an important online meeting. 0-0… as usual I guess?

2 Likes

Yeah same old to be fair mate.

1 Like

Munir sighting!

2 Likes

Munir on for YEN. Interesting. Going on the Wing, Martial up top.

2 Likes

I think this match is crucial if we want to stay in the race. If we drop points and Madrid wins again, then I think it might be over. We can’t choke up in these matches, like we did last week or the week before that.

3 Likes

Still feel we play a bit more towards goal, compared to previous games. Just the result of more attacking players. But it takes more than that Lope.

2 Likes

Right move from lope. To be fair he got it wrong starting him. At least though he’s changed it earlier but with munir and not Mir. Interesting but we will see how it goes.

4 Likes

Mir is in the doghouse big time no?

4 Likes

I like the change and we’ve come out second half with a bit more desire. Still not happy with Martial but there’s time for him to adapt.

4 Likes

Well, I think you summed it up a few podcasts ago… Maybe Lope has been listening and agrees with you!

5 Likes

I don’t understand. Munir pushed in the gutter for months, and now this. Nothing against him but why so harsh.

3 Likes

Fantastic effort by Rakitic, good save by Badia

3 Likes