MD22: Sevilla FC v Celta Vigo (21/22)

I reckon if Lope is on the sideline it would be a 1-0 instead of 2 goal behind

2 Likes

Now we have to do something we haven’t done since 24th October and score more than 2 goals, which we have only done 3 times in 29 games, a striker must surely be priority during this window if we are to score goals, we cannot rely on a solid defence every game when the squad depth is not great…

4 Likes

It doesn’t surprise me this. To be fair what the guys said about us getting the narrow wins eventually was gonna catch up with us. We have been riding our luck for a while but with all the injuries, covid, African cup nations and no lope there it was waiting to happen.

We aren’t good in these positions so to see us score 3 in the 2nd half is unlikely. I’m not going to berate the team though as we have been really good for a long time. Today it feels a step to far and I feel if we lose this it likely ends our title challenge. We will fight with :poop: for 2nd it seems.

4 Likes

Missed the first half. Didn’t miss a classic i guess?

2 Likes

Funnily enough I actually agree with this. Even in times before, we don’t seem to have the same intensity when Lope isn’t on the sideline.

2 Likes

hahaha thanks :flushed:

1 Like

The team misses his presence for sure. They just aren’t concentrated at all and very sloppy in midfield and defence.

1 Like

Also making a comeback. We don’t do those at all.

Lol, yeah, that’s one thing - and being blindly optimistic neglecting the obvious is another. You’re on the other side :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Forget having our Moroccans back and also getting our injured players back

Right now, I just want Lopetegui back

1 Like

What’s the deal with Lope, does he have covid or is he suspended? Didn’t follow this and missed something…

1 Like

Covid

1 Like

I don’t see it either but hopefully we can try get one back to make a fight of it.

1 Like

But now you’re here let’s see if you can bring us some luck :grinning:

Celta are just hanging around upfield waiting for us to make an error and we obliged them with a couple but has that goalkeeper ever saved anything for us?

2 Likes

Nunca se rinde :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

Well I agree with you. In the sense when we in these positions this isn’t our strength at all. I just hope we can try get a goal back to make a fight if it. I don’t expect to win this now.

1 Like

He was at fault, especially for the first goal, but in overall we should’ve defended much better in both of the cases. Celta are tactically beating us and doing just enough to do that successfully. It doesn’t take too much as we can see, unfortunately. About time other teams figure this out as well.

Let’s see how we’ll react in the second half and then we can make a better general judgement.

Last time we scored 3 goals in the 2nd half was CL against Liverpool I think, we just need to be more offensive in possession, which we dominated. Biggest problem we have when chasing the games is not having an attacking midfielder that makes the late runs and draw defenders away, it is all too predictable and Celta know they can let us have the ball and allow us to push because we have a mistake in us when we reach final 3rd

1 Like

It’s football and anything can happen, but realistically I don’t expect much in the second half tonight. With previous teams, especially during the Emery era anything could’ve happened and there were many cases to prove it. But going 2 down into the second half with Lope, curious to see what happens.

1 Like

Right, I want to see how much the players do believe in the nunca se rinde and going for that win still. 45 minutes. GO!

2 Likes