MD21: Sevilla FC at Valencia (21/22)

Man right back into the fire for Sevilla as they travel to Valencia today for a match tomorrow at La Mastella. It seems that Kounde and Dmitrović might miss the match. Fernando did travel as did a young defender, Kike Salas.

4 Likes

Very bad news that dmitrovic is out. If we field that young goalkeeper vacas again I think we will not win and maybe lose.

Only us could get into this great position but lose both our first choice goalkeepers for these crucial matches as we so close to real Madrid.

I’m very worried not to have dmitrovic, no Bono obviously, no kounde and also carlos drama isn’t ideal either. Valencia are just the kind of team to take advantage of this.

I hope I’m wrong and we find a way to win but not confident after what we seen against :poop: last match.

I think after this game things will get much better for us but this game comes a bad time I feel. Still I hope we can find a way and Vamos Sevilla!

2 Likes

Alfonso Pastor*

1 Like

Thanks for the correction :+1:

Brace for impact…

3 Likes

If Dmitrovic ends up missing this match I guess I will settle for a draw

4 Likes

Are Monchi & Lope still registered as players???

7 Likes

Sergio rico is probably pretty cheap

3 Likes

I personally think it would be a mistake to drop Alfonso for Javi Diaz if Dmitrovic is out. We have ear marked Alfonso as a potential future number one, we need to stick by him and hope it gives him the confidence boost he needs.

For me if he gets dropped for a guy who has no real future at the club, it could destroy his confidence. For me it would be, you had a bit of a mare the other day, but go and show me what you are truly capable of. Focus, play your natural game, and forget about the mistakes from the weekend.

7 Likes

Many predict Javi Díaz to start tho, but I do agree.
The other way to look at it is protecting Pastor from worse. There is something to be said for both scenarios and it would all depend on character and how they cope and recover from it.

3 Likes

I can see it from both sides to be fair. Maybe we could give him another chance to prove himself instead of wrecking his confidence on just 1 game. Then on the other hand it depends on the lad himself on how he’s feeling confident wise. Either way it’s not an easy decision for lopetegui to make on who he chooses.

1 Like

I would hope being a former Goalkeeper himself (and one on the end of a fair few battering when at Logroñes by the way), that Lope will know the best way to deal with the situation.

2 Likes

Who knows, Javi Diaz might start and have an absolute blinder, funnier things have happened in football before. :sweat_smile:

It’s kind of how we ended up with Sergio Rico in goal for 3 seasons.

3 Likes

As I heard Dmitrovic is traveling to Valencia tonight.

3 Likes

If so then that is the issue resolved.

1 Like

From the official website…

"Again, many players will face late fitness checks."

The two who were mentioned by name were Fernando and Dmitrovic.

3 Likes

Dmitrovic doesn’t make it. A youngster it will be.

5 Likes

They probably have him doing lateral flow tests every hour hoping it goes to negative eventually haha.

1 Like

Hoping for the best outcome tonight, although it will be very very difficult considering the circumstances. Who would’ve thought that we’d be without 2 of our main goalkeepers for almost 2 weeks now. Crazy…

2 Likes

Luckily for us Valencia are in a mess themselves and have an array of players missing too. I think they without 6-7 players or something.

1 Like