MD19 : Sevilla FC vs Elche

Very comfortable win last night. Dominant performance in possession and nice to score three goals and for YEN to get a brace following his goal in midweek.

Yes it was only Elche and against ten men and would have been nice to get a few more goals but still job done comfortably. Two home wins against Cadiz and Elche were needed and that’s been achieved. Three home wins on the bounce now as we beat Getafe and 10 points from 5 since La Liga resumed, almost as many as we managed in 14 games. Progress. Things looking a lot better than they were before the World Cup break. A four point cushion on the relegation places and up to 13th.

I see Barca away as a free hit so I’m not going to get negative if it’s a defeat. We’re expected to lose and if we do at least our recent wins have given us the breathing space to do so. Most important thing is we beat the teams we need to be and that’s happening now.

4 Likes

I trust it was just my verbal abuse that motivated him to play better.

I’ll have to keep it up. Suso, keep not sucking!

PS - perhaps it was the lack of Joan Jordán that made him work better in the squad. Mere correlation, I know, but zero goals scored while Jordán was on the pitch…

4 Likes