MD14 - Sevilla FC vs Real Sociedad [22/23]

I agree. Yeah we got to hope they get very complacent like :poop: did lol

1 Like

Iā€™ll be honest, I though Bono should have gotten to that goal #2. Two weeks in a row heā€™s not made a save that he normally does.

Also, should have that been offside? Silva looked offside and was running toward the ball.

@TimSpence2 notice a lot of Founders Beer ads for La Liga. Can you find that beer in Spain? Lots of good beers out of that brewery.

1 Like

Iā€™ll keep an eye out for it, thanks for the tip.

1 Like

La Real are playing careful with 5 behind the ball, they leave the game equal when Sevilla defend, they donā€™t feel the need to incorporate more second line players to finish the game but theyā€™re just biding their time until Sevilla burn out.

1 Like

I do appreciate the effort Telles has put into the game. Especially so close to the World Cup knowing he has been selected for his national team. I wish our Argentinian players were putting in the same effort.

5 Likes

Yup we only need one lucky chanceā€¦ Hope it falls rightā€¦

2 Likes

So close

We are imploding. Even the most optimistic of us has got to admit that this is indeed a relegation battle. Every point counts no matter how pretty or ugly.

This godforsaken world cup is a blessing in disguise. It gives us some time from watching this disaster, but most importantly it gives Sampaoli time to set things straight. No more excuses.

3 Likes

Kubo so crap.

Gudelj with a World Cup coming up running his ass off. Sign that man!

Good try Bono, tried to drive us forward. But just to difficult, lots of efforts done, respectable.

3 Likes

Real soceidad played a professional 2nd half. Still they were poor in the final third. At least we fought and lost by only the one goal.

However, we in serious trouble and likely will be in the bottom 3 for World Cup. I dunno where we go from here. We need the January window but on its own probably still isnā€™t enough. Itā€™s not easy to get players in January.

2 Likes

Magnificent for one thing, 60 minutes with 9 versus 11.
It was the 6-4 Espanyol game but under different cirumstances and thatā€™s no small thing.

Sampaoli needs to rebuild the team from ground up. Anyone talking of relegation is talking nonsense.

4 Likes

Hats off to guys for the extra effort in the second halfā€¦ I was getting tired from the couch at home watching them run their hearts out like that, especially Navas and Telles, but props to all of them.

In an ideal world weā€™d get a draw tonight, but it was not meant to be and Sociedad played it calm and safe in the second, fearful of conceding another goal after that shock goal in the first half from Mir.

5 Likes

As for the red cards, Rakiticā€™s was never a red card in a billion years. Moreover, Rakiticā€™s tonight and Montielā€™s vs. Betpiss would never been given against RM for example.

So Rubiales and co. = FUCK YOU HIJO DE PUTAS!

5 Likes

What you mean? The game was over and it was soceidad sloppiness that kept us in it. I see enough that this side will be in a relegation battle this season barring an incredible January window.

2 Likes

On the contrary. I agree that a lot of things have to go wrong still and I guess there will be other teams running into a bad streak of results at some point, but not talking about it as a possibility is just arrogant.

2 Likes

The movements in January and Sampaā€™s ability to to turn this around will dictate whether this will be a relegation battle or weā€™ll get back on track to the higher positions (at least mid).

So Monchi will need to coordinate closely with Sampa and come up with the best solution for this. He fucked it up with a poor summer window and keeping fuckface Lope for too long, now fix this and save the season before itā€™s too late senor Monchi. I still believe in him, but if we end up battling for relegation that will be a sign for change, and Monchi will know that too.

Some wins in the EL or CDR could give us a bit of motivation and possibly create a momentum, but letā€™s see.

The January transfer window will be a ā€˜make or breakā€™ situation for this club this season.

4 Likes

I completely agree. Currently we are playing no different or no better than celta vigo, cadiz, Girona, etc. I donā€™t see any indication we are simply going to pull clear of the mire with ease. We have to many problems all over the pitch for that to happen. Just because we are a big club doesnā€™t mean we donā€™t have to worry.

A good transfer window will help and if sampaoli can try put his stamp on things but this season looks like itā€™s lost already and itā€™s a battle for survival now.

Itā€™s been an avalanche of problems and even if they continue I would bet that we escape relegation, Iā€™m more than confident, Iā€™m sure.