MD14 - Sevilla FC vs Real Sociedad [22/23]

1 Like

Hoping we can sign off before the World Cup with a win or at least a draw and psychologically stay out of the bottom three. Three points at the Ramon hasn’t happened yet in the league this season and is long overdue.

Sociedad will be tough opponents however and for me are favourites.

6 Likes

Agreed. If we can get wins from this game and our Copa del Rey match, I’ll feel a lot better about our team going into the World Cup.

6 Likes

Nianzou and Fernando return to the squad along with Isco back from suspension

Papu and Acuña don’t make the squad for ‘molestias’ along with Montiel for suspension.

It is actually raining for the first time since May.

7 Likes

So all three Argentines that will be on the WC roster are out of the lineup just before the WC. hmmmm
Tin Foil GIF

2 Likes

Welcome back Nianzou!

3 Likes

About the topic in the podcast about Rafa Mir on the right, I think it’s a good move for a couple of reasons. He’s better with the face towards goal and towards space. He’s fast but not quick, he needs some time to make his run and get to speed. So this way he can go deep, and move into space, running forward. Also He can find his positions at crosses better, coming in, which is always more dangerous than being there already. In the past he had some good combinations when others make the runs to the middle, and he moves to the side. You also get him, in a defensive position more involved this is not always good, but for him to atleast be more part of it, is good too.

3 Likes

I like that lineup!

2 Likes

Me too, I hope Gudelj moves up and in between Rakitic and Oliver tho.

Any predictions? I’m feeling a 3-1. Either for us or for them.

Carlos Fernandez starting as well. Sociedad Line up looking strong.

3 Likes

I thought Silva was still out?

1 Like

I don’t like us with a back-5. Takes forever to get out of our half. But when does it not? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I look at that lineup, and there’s no fricking way that team has more talent than us.

1 Like

Considering they have for about 150m in injuries, Cho, Sadiq, Oryazabal, being the biggest, I think they are still very good. Remiro, Le Normand, Zubimendi, Merino,and Brais are top level.

3 Likes

Who are our talented players? Gudelj? :laughing:

Gudelj is superman, one minute he’s sweeper next he’s the centre forward. If we had so much dynamics in the rest of the team, wow.

4 Likes

Good first quarter, decent press, Rafa deserved a free kick there.

Error and punished 0-1

1 Like

Deadly tho. through the legs, and good finish. They have been looking.

1 Like

Okay, i’ll give you Merino. But i refuse to concede, all those other players are average.