MD12: Sevilla v Real Madrid [20/21]

And yet people online the other day telling me how hard done by Real Madrid are with refereeing decisions. :unamused::unamused::unamused:

1 Like

Need to start going for this. Might as well lose 0-2 or 3 than just not try.

3 Likes

Vasquez drags Ocampos down and no yellow! Damn it why can’t they just call it the same way?

3 Likes

I was thinking the same thing! And how about Suso? What an effort

2 Likes

Carlos off seems risky with Gudlej on a yellow.

1 Like

Suso has done ok since he came on too.

1 Like

Possible injury?

Going all in, Gudelj slotting in at the back. About time.

1 Like

Don’t think so - purely strategy.

1 Like

Bono - 4.5

Jesus Navas - 6
Kounde - 6
Diego Carlos - 6
Aleix Vidal - 6

Jordan - 5
Fernando - 6
Rakitic - 5.5

Ocampos - 5.5
De Jong - 5
Munir - 5.5

Subs:
Oliver - 5.5
Suso - 6.5
Gudelj - 5.5
En-Nesyri - 5.5
Idrissi - 5.5

1 Like

Suso and Oliver were really good off the bench, gave the attack more sparkle. Unfortunately not enough

2 Likes

I thought Suso done ok today, and I’m usually a huge critic. Oliver, I don’t know… He just doesn’t do a lot for me. Such a frustrating player.

expected result, but the attacking play is still worse than my imagination.
lucky not to concede 3 at first half.
No proper LB to cross + Navas heavily marked = 100% lost against serious team.
Furthermore, a coach know how to attack with mediocre player Or a bunch of athletic player, we have neither of those.
An unpopular opinion here, Monchi has done a pretty bad job last summer.

3 Likes

Not sure of his best position, he doesn’t carry a goal threat so playing him up front is pretty much a waste of space, did better when playing from deep but still lacking some killer element in his passes. Doesn’t shine consistently and if he wasn’t a Lope favorite he wouldn’t be here.

With you all the way here, failed to let go of some deadwood, reinforce positions of need and plunder Valencia for La Liga ready talent.

1 Like

Not sure I agree. We looked superb the back end of last season particularly in the Europa League mini, and many were calling us the best team in Spain, and one of the favourites for the League especially after the Bayern Super Cup game.

In all honesty the players on the pitch need to take a look at themselves and how they are playing, and perhaps Lope on his tactics. The bloke buying and selling the players from upstairs cannot affect performances on the pitch.

The trouble is, someone has to want the deadwood in the first place. :rofl:

1 Like

Pretty sure Mudo had a deal in place with Lazio, other Serie A teams would want him.

As for others, depends on which you deem as deadwood. Amadou, Gomez, Gnagnon? I would be tempted to place Oliver there as he’s not up to scratch and I know you’ll defo put Vaclik there :rofl:

1 Like

If I could be bothered to find the list I done the other day, I listed who I would get rid of.

Here we go…

1. Vaclik
2. Gnagnon
3. Sergi Gomez
4. Rekik
5. Ocampos
6. Gudelj
7. Suso
8. Jordan
9. de Jong
10. Rakitic
11. Munir
12. Kounde
13. Bono
14. Oscar
15. En-Nesyri
16. Jesus Navas
17. Vidal
18. Escudero
19. Acuna
20. Diego Carlos
21. Oliver Torres
22. Mudo Vazquez
23. Idrissi
24. Carlos Fdez
25. Fernando
Javi Diaz

1 Like

It looks like I’m criticising Monchi but I’m not.
I mean, the team last year was great, 60% is because of Navas and Reguilon ability to go forward (that’s what I think, at least. and Acuna doesn’t provide that), and 30% for Banega.

It’s REALLY hard to replace Reguilon and Banega on our tiny budget so it’s doomed to fail. And that’s why I’m pessimistic for this season before the season start.

1 Like

I think Acuña has done ok so far. He has impressed me more than I expected. But I must agree Rakitic hasn’t been a patch on what Banega gave us last season.

2 Likes