MD11: Huesca vs Sevilla [20/21]

Sandro lol Remember this one?

giphy

7 Likes

Nice corner from Ɠscar and volley from Munir. Decent save though.

Literally just saw Ocampos shaping to shoot and said for God sake donā€™t shoot (to funny looks from the wife!), thankfully he listened, and YEN in the right place to tuck it home. Thankfully!

2 Likes

Nice goal. Finally

3 Likes

YEN! Fabulous play by ocampos! Our pressure pays off!

3 Likes

Ocampos deliver good play, finally.

4 Likes

Itā€™s actually quite easy to predict line ups and subs with Sevilla. I knew Munir was the one that would be sacrificed.

YEN pace causing them problems! Good move by lopetegui to bring him on when he did!

2 Likes

I take it Vaclik is injured given the short goal kicks and now DC taking them.

3 Likes

No early goal, but clean sheet secured. :grin:

3 Likes

Have faith in YEN.

We shouldnā€™t win teams like Huesca we should destroy them, so thereā€™s still a lot to do in development.

5 Likes

Granted, I donā€™t think we played very well today. We must not overlook Huescaā€™s defense. They drew 0-0 with Atletico earlier in the year. Giving up 1.5 goals per game, but thatā€™s with the 4 goals given up to Real Madrid and Real Sociedad.

3 Likes

Which still supports @TimSpence2ā€˜s point that we should have destroyed them.

2 Likes

Once a fluke always a fluke lol

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t add any more to this.

2 Likes

I cannot lie, yet again that game today was a real hard graft to sit and watch.

2 Likes

Are we the new Atletico?

3 Likes

I wish we were at this point, but Iā€™m afraid we still donā€™t have the a-la Simeone winning mentality instilled. Also they often win and have won games comfortably when they are by far the better team (with 2 goals margin at least) while we donā€™t.

2 Likes

Iā€™d certainly take that right now haha! :smiley:

2 Likes

True point. We have a long way to go but are on the right track. Iā€™m impressed with how we bounced back in the league. We now have 3 straight wins and back in the top 5.

We just need that consistency Atletico have and the killer instinct in the attacking third to kill off teams when we dominating.

In the first half we played decent but we didnā€™t have enough punch up front to punish them.

Having Kounde and Diego Carlos together is vital and fernando sitting in front is when we at our defensive best.

YEN is improving and starting to play with more confidence. He took his goal well but it was also due to the great work by Ocampos. Iā€™m pleased to see that and his unselfish play to set YEN up.

Itā€™s a big win and overall we have to be satisfied with our season so far with 10 points from 12 in champions league and already through and 16 points from 27 in la liga and in top 5 again.

I just hope we can remain consistent now and a win against Real Madrid next week would be a massive step forward. As we still need to beat one of the big boys under lopetegui in la liga. Hopefully itā€™s next week and we can push on more.

I do hope if the vaccine news continues to go well that maybe at some point in 2021 we can have the fans back as that would be awesome. Especially if we near the top places in la liga and with last 16 of champions league it would have the fans buzzing especially after last season Europa league and la liga success.

5 Likes