MD10: Sevilla vs Celta Vigo [20/21]

And we scored four goals…

Christmas has come early.

3 Likes

Feliz Navidad people!!! :santa:t2:

3 Likes

Fabulous win for us! Love to see us scoring 4 goals too! Vamos!

4 Likes

Defence worried me a bit tonight. Vaclic seems injured, apart from having to abandon training with sickness in the last session, he seemed to be limping and very disturbed in the last 15 minutes.

The Referee was like a Celta fan, he was dying to give a penalty there at the end.

3 Likes

Last couple of minutes he was definitely limping a bit.

2 Likes

4 goals from 4 different players. When was the last time we did that? should give us plenty of confidence for Tuesday. Idrissi to start? I thought he did well today, let’s have a good look at him.

5 Likes

When was the last time we scored 4?

5 Likes

Good question. I actually can’t remember haha. I don’t think we did last season did we?

3 Likes

Done a bit of digging.

Last time we scored 4 or more in a league game was a 5-0 win over Rayo Vallecano on April 25, 2019.

So today is the first time in about 19 months.

Some stat that.

5 Likes

Important win with a bounce back similar to the one vs. Krasnodar. It is still ok as we got the 3 points and the team showed strong character again, but… we need to win in a calm and mature way. That is by winning comfortably and controlling the game. No, not the 1-0 or 2-1 squeezed out wins, but some comfortable 3-1 or 2-0, or even 3-0, 4-1… these kind of wins. We have the quality to do just that, but the mentality of taking the foot off the pedal when we score first and only fully activate when we concede 2 goals is not going to do us much favor.

Idrissi showed signs of promise for the about 15 minutes that he was on the pitch.

VAMOS!

5 Likes

100%. I’m still fine with this too cause it’s an improvement from the Osasuna game. And yes, Idrissi looked good. Wasn’t afraid to attack defenders.

3 Likes
1 Like

Give that a listen at some point.

1 Like

Agree that we have the quality in this team.

Still think we’re lacking a quality striker in the mould of Kanoute, Gameiro, Ben Yedder etc… Sort this out and I’d be happy.

The Celta Vigo game was decent. We should have won more comfortably, and we would of if it were not for another Vaclik goalkeeping error and some pretty shoddy defending for their second goal.

3 Likes