MD1 - Osasuna vs Sevilla FC [22/23]

Time for Mir to prove his worth… or get sold / loaned out!

3 Likes

wow, not what I was expecting at all. I thought one of Rakitic or Torres would get the node; however, Delaney has looked lively.

Lope ball is back though with this indication. Probably wants to make sure the defense settles before bringing on the fire power. I don’t hate it.

4 Likes

No Jordan, no Yen. Has Lope been reading this forum?

6 Likes

The back line is expected. Interesting he’s going with Delaney. He looked decent though in the last friendly against Cadiz. I’m pleased to have Fernando back in there. We missed him immensely with his box to box play and leadership. I feel dropping Jordan is wise as he not performed that well for a while.

Let’s hope ocampos and tecatito look sharp and get enough service to Mir. I do like Mir and hope he can build on last season. Papu if on song as we know can make things happen out of nothing.

Let’s see. We do have a lot of attacking options on bench if we in trouble tonight to help us out. I’m glad we still have the wall in Bono and rekik and gudelj did decent last season when they played. Rekik especially improved a lot so I’m hopeful it will work out ok until the reinforcements arrive.

Overall not a surprising lope ball lineup and let’s hope it does the job. Vamos Sevilla!

6 Likes

I’m confident in this defense. They know the system already, so hopefully no faffing around too much. Straightforward midfield – get the ball to Papu. Delaney should feel free to make his runs now that Fernando is there to protect. I’m also extremely glad Rafa got fit in time to get the start. I’m sure that eases the nerves for alot of us.

La Liga has given us an opportunity to take an early lead in the title race. Let’s not muck it up already right?

VAMOS MI SEVILLA !!

4 Likes

It looks a strong 11, maybe Rakitic should be in, he has looked great recently.

2 Likes

He’s going to oblige this season.

2 Likes

You guys shitting too hard on Rafa Mir for what goals he made last year, almost all goals have some class to it.

2 Likes

The practice balls are a new design and I’ve already seen it in action and didn’t like it, the dark shaded area sometimes gives an optical illusion that the ball is eccentric.

1 Like

Normally we would play this to not lose. Lovely way to start the season ambitiously.

I hope we win 0-2. Rafa and Tecatito with the goals.

4 Likes

I also like choice of Lamela on the bench. Gives us a legit option if/when the goal doesn’t come.

6 Likes

Ocampos might also be one of those guy’s who could be more effective coming from the bench. Tire them out in the first half, the electic bull Ocampos runs over them in the second.

2 Likes

Honestly I’d rather have Ocampos on the bench, so I agree. However, he’s been here longer and knows the system well, should be good. Hopefully he’ll get in a good form soon.

2 Likes

Of course I’d prefer Lamela as a starter. But if the game breaks open, i’d rather the chance fall to a fresh Coco than Ocampos.

3 Likes

Looks very hot in Pamplona, players sweating heavily in the warm up.
Yeh, Ocampos better on the bench in first half.

I’ve got a feeling that Sevilla might have changed the system, we’ll know in 20 or so minutes.

2 Likes

32 degrees celsius at this time of the night is quite a lot. It’s 17 Celsius in my city atm.

1 Like

Ready! and cheers on the new season with one of the best Spanish beers.

Ready for another season!

1 Like

What an opening, we still in vacation mode

1 Like

Don’t panic LOL 1st minute ffs

2 Likes