Matchday 6: Sevilla at Eibar [2019-20]

WHEN?
Thursday, September 26th, 2019
1300 EST / 1900 CET / 0300 AEST

It’s back to the drawing board, as the saying goes. Or should it be a tactics’ board? After 5 games played in La Liga, only 5 goals have been scored. With our attacking department lacking, we make the trip to Ipurúa, which finds Eibar tied for bottom.

Who knew in order to improve our away record, we just had to abandon our record at home? All 3 of our wins have come on the road, while we are still winless at the RSP. But it shows at the very least that Lopetegui has improved something. While the defeat on Sunday won’t do much to convince Julen’s doubters, it’ll show what kind of performance his team will respond with after a setback.

The squad list for the Eibar trip comprises of 21 players, with the now habitual exclusion of Dabbur. As it will get trimmed down to 18, we can at least be assured that one of Rony, Munir or Pozo will at least make the bench this time. Sergi Gómez, Nolito & Bryan have also missed the trip.

HAMBRE
Our aforementioned attack will be under scrutiny as we visit a struggling Eibar side. Mendilibar usually constructs a solid team that isn’t afraid to have a go at the bigger sides. Perhaps having prized away their precious jewel has left them with a tougher rebuild? Joan Jordán is one player we can always associate hunger with, as twice already he has won us all 3 points while away to Granada & Alavés. Will we need another one of his free kicks to come away with victory?

¡A por ellos!
#WeAreSevilla

3 Likes

:rofl::man_facepalming:

2 Likes

I’m tired of what’s happening to Munas.

1 Like

Alright let’s go boys, getting ready gonna hop into a bar soon.
No line-ups yet, but probably De Jong still upfront, with Chicharito as back up.
Last game against Real, couldn’t blame him, he tried his heart out.
Hope my fellow countryman can find the net today. Vamoossss

1 Like

The Celta draw resulted from a freak goal, it could be argued that we should have taken more chances being well on top 90% of the game. The defeat against Real Madrid was another freak result because … Real Madrid.

So putting the freak results aside, we have 3 away victories. This is our 4th away game and a victory would be more cement in the foundations.

I can only rely on the defence and it has been exceptional so far. What doubts remain are in tactics, team selection, goals scored etc. and they have been disappointing. The Manager is on the conveyer belt of time, and it will arrive at the end sooner or later, according to results.

1 Like

I think we will see a more direct attacking play from Sevilla tonight, back to the tactics that we saw in the first 4 games where we got more bodies into the area rather than just lumping hopeful crosses to De Jong.

2 Likes

Munir up top.

1 Like

Not what I expected :thinking:

1 Like

Loopy is a total dipstick (enough already) and what’s happened to Reguilon?

It’s best I don’t comment, it’s pure persecution.

Vamos Sevilla! Let’s hope we can bounce back!

Let’s see if he got it right. Vamos

10 minutes, Ocampos, who couldn’t believe he was onside scores.

1 Like

Vamos Sevilla! Nice one Ocampos!

1 Like

Eibar pressing us really high, and they got bit. Vamos Ocampos!

1 Like

It’s like a stroll in the park for Sevilla but the truth is that both teams are below level and anything could happen.

1 Like

Banega takes out 4 Eibar players with one dribble

3 Likes

Banega playing great, what a move by us! Munir so unlucky not to make it 2!

2 Likes

Eibar take out Inui for Escalante (more defensive) but Sevilla score immediately.

1 Like

Ocampos is amazing, Banega playing like Messi. Magisterial!

2 Likes