Matchday 6: Sevilla at Eibar [2019-20]

2-0 Torres! Get in! We look more threatening and fluent up front without de jong!

1 Like

Credit to Lopetegui for changing it up and dropping de jong!

4 Likes

Ref not helping Sevilla, most obvious when Munir challenges a defender twice his size, and not thefirst time with this ref.

1 Like

great first half so far for the men in white. Ref is quick to the whistle.

2 Likes

Ocampos breaks through Eibar, ref blows foul, commentaters say ‘what the hell’

2 Likes

I said the same haha

2 Likes

Just for the record, it was Oliver who scored the second goal.

I thought we played very well in the 1st half! We looked sharper up front and more pacey. Ocampos and banega have been awesome. We dominated the half and defended well again. We look better up front without de jong. I’d still use de jong at times but he might be a better option from the bench than a starter!

1 Like

Could we score 3 for the first time this season ?

1 Like

Lopetegui played this game right. Knew Eibar would press us like this and set up for the counter. None of this would be possible with Luuk up there. But because it’s Munir, he’s very versatile and is finding so much joy in that role.

And our defensive is solid as ever. Everything getting blocked!

2 Likes

It’s very refreshing to see us dominate away games. This is the best we been away from the Sanchez pizjuan in some years! However, we need to now bring this performance to home games too but we only played 2 games at home so far with one being Real Madrid, so cant really judge properly.

I’m sure the strong home form will return. Under Lopetegui though and without current players we seem set up better for being away.

Ocampos and Navas are linking up very well on the right, Banega bossing the midfield and Munir making problems for Eibar down the middle. I’m enjoying this.

2 Likes

It’s 0-2, game not over, suspect Ref, stay tuned.

1 Like

I agree. With Sevilla and refs you never can be too confident! :slight_smile:

1 Like

No idea where he’s going to put Pozo, for Navas? Pozo and Ocampos is the best combination I’ve seen, lett’s ee what he does.

Edit … Carriço injury puts paid to that, enter Koundé

Bummer, Carrico off with a quad injury. Kounde on.

I wonder if Carriço can’t play 2 games in the same week. Hopefully this was only precautionary.

Was worried when Carrico had to come off!

Jules. :pensive:

Surely we have to save one penaly now and again.