Matchday 4: Sevilla at Alavés [2019-20]

I agree shendm. Lots of positives. However, Banega was the weak link for sure! Would take him off early in 2nd half, about 60th minute. I’d give Chicharito his debut if ready, this game could be set well for him now too. We got a few options on bench with Escudero, Munir, Chicharito, Mudo too!

This is a great chance to get 3 straight away victories, something we rarely do. Hopefully we do it and keep this strong performance up!

1 Like

We all know if Banega goes off it will be for his like for like replacement anyway. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I agree guys. I’m happy with Lopetegui decisions in general but I think he’s wrong with de jong. We have better strikers not included or on bench in Chicharito and Dabbur. I think it’s time for a change. It’s 3 and half games in and he’s struggling to make a big impact.

I’d still have him involved as his hold up play is good and he’s strong but I’m concerned we not gonna get enough goals from him! I do hope he proves me wrong though and scores 2nd half but time to change it there! Bar that we good!

1 Like

I’m not over optimistic about the second half, we need to make changes that suit our rapid counter attacks. I’m not totally convinced by Oliver Torres either so it could be Mudo. Whatever about De Jong, he’s a great help as a defensive player for corners etc it’s up front he’s most questionable and not a rapid counter attacker. I’d put Chicharito on for De Jong, we have a good defensive record after 3.5 games, so what the heck.

2 Likes

Gudelj for Jordan, so he went for defence, OK we’ll see how that works before the next change.

1 Like

Chicharito for … ? De Jong

Sevilla totally lost and wobbling, we’re going to suffer without a second goal.

We need to hold firm! It would be a real shame not to win this now! C’mon Sevilla!

1 Like

Mudo on for Torres! Last change by lope!

Turned into an all-out war at the end. Way to hold on guys! A few close calls. Ugly 3 points, just the way i wanted them. ¡Vamos! :smile:

2 Likes

Top of the fucking table!

3 Likes

We are top like a boss! I’m loving how rock solid we are. It would have 4 clean sheets in a row if not for the magic from Denis against Celta. Top of la Liga and only conceded 1 goal. Are we the new Atletico?, I certainly would love it, if we were. I’m sure more goals will come too!

Bring on Real Madrid next! Although we have our first europa game first! Vamos!

1 Like

Chicharito did well, arguably better than De Jong but we should’ve signed someone like Vedat Muriqi (combination of Ibra and Mandzukic) in the summer window. Man Utd, Tottenham and some other good teams are after him so we don’t stand much chance now probably, but De Jong is not the striker we need for this system.

Gudelj made that crucial tackle at the end, but he lost many balls and not good at positioning, probably not the sub midfielder (joker) we need, food for thought for the January window.

1 Like

I would certainly fancy our chances against Puta Madrid. I wonder what sort of side we will see against Qarabag in the week? We want a good start in the EL but I imagine we don’t want to risk the whole first team what with such a big game to follow at the weekend.

1 Like

We’re not just top, we’ve regained first spot, first to reach double digit points, least goals against (1). Suck that up Atletico (4).

Alaves showed they were thugs towards the end and notice how their crowd started chanting ‘puta Sevilla’ during the standoff when they committed the foul that created the shoving. They’re off my Christmas card list.

After seeing the Jordan goal, I’m glad we didn’t buy Pacheco.

But the football I’m seeing is what Monchi bought more than what loopy is creating.

3 Likes

I would definitely do squad rotation for Thursday’s match. Give others who not played as much a go. This is why we put this strong squad together. We need to use it and also give our first team a rest, plus it’s an opportunity for others to impress and force their way into the 1st team. Europa is important but we in a relatively soft group on paper. We should still be able to get through well by rotating our team.

We can still get a good result against Qarabag and then against Real Madrid with the correct rotation used. I hope Dabbur gets a start against Qarabag!

1 Like

I reckon Chicharito more likely.

Bono

Pozo
Kounde
D. Carlos
S. Escudero

Vazquez
Gudelj
Banega

Rony Lopes
Chicharito
Munir

Is my guess.

1 Like

Just seen the highlights, just one thing I am confused about the goal. For the FK we had two players stood in front of the wall, I didn’t think you was allowed to do that anymore?! :thinking:

The new rule is that you can’t have your players in the opponent’s wall, but you can have them at least 1-2 feet in front of it. Not sure about the exact distance, but Ocampos was allowed to stand there.

2 Likes

I was travelling home today and couldn’t get to see the game but that chant came through loud and clear on the car radio Tim.
You can bet that nothing will be said about it though, unlike the big news it will be next sunday if we are heard giving the same to madrid

3 Likes