Matchday 2: Sevilla at Granada [2019-20]

Ocampos the most effective so far. I need more from Nolito than just the trademark. cut-in. Banega yet to find his feet, and Escudero is just warming up.

Granada have been getting closer to scoring, but we’re controlling the tempo.

1 Like

Defense is getting better this year.
But offense lack pace and sharpness.
I feel like either mudo have to go or loan out torres, another striker since who know what the hell is happening with Dabbur, another winger as i don’t see nolito is good enough for champions league quality even he’s better this year.

We have limited options on the bench to change the game really. If I’m honest I will take a point here! Hoping for 3, but with our previous record here and lack of options and losing a player early, a point would be ok. Hopefully the team does more in attack 2nd half, as we just didn’t create enough. Let’s see what happens.

2 Likes

Another winger? We have Lopes, Bryan, Ocampos, Pozo, Nolitio, and Munir. We have plenty there. We are back to being seriously in trouble at LB and RB if Reguilón misses significant time.

2 Likes

Takeaways of the first half:

1. Shame that Reguilon couldn’t continue, he seemed on fire

2. Banega often complicating things, Oliver suits the formation better (perhaps), but he’s not even on the bench, weird is weird

3. De Jong looks lost, but fights - which is good

4. Nolito too selfish.

5. The team fights - which is good

6. I can see us winning in the second half

1 Like

Sevilla should win later with the counterattacks but at half way we don’t have enough ‘argumentos’, it’s a word that doesn’t translate well, but more or less means ‘reasons why’ and apart from having superior players we don’t have more reasons why we should win, apart perhaps from the free-kicks of Joan Jordan.

Banega (I believe superior to Oliver) has been disappointing, Nolito looks the most likely to break the deadlock. Ocampos still feeling his way at this level, but I’ve got every confidence he’ll come good. Escudero has disappointed depite looking much better recently.

We need to take care of Soldado, he’s the main threat.

The best change might be Bryan for Ocampos

Bryan or Munir on for Nolito probably first move. De Jong has to probably go 90. Other sub depends on where we are in the game in the 70th. Up we will see Gudelj again; down or tied maybe Mudo.

1 Like

Hopefully it’s just a slight concussion and we’ll have him ready after the NT break.

2 Likes

I’d go with that too. Munir would probably be the one I’d bring on first. Not sure at what time though. As Lopetegui will probs keep his last sub to near the end, in case we get another injury.

Bryan has great potential, lopes is a bit worrying like dabbur but hopefully I’m wrong,munir is okay but not spectacular.
But my main concern is there’s a seriously lack of pace and sharpness at the front especially nolito and de jong if they keep the starting position.

Oh and also, if you haven’t noticed - there’s a Granada player named Antonio PuertaS :astonished:

1 Like

Escudero with another banger saved. 51’

Gol!!! de Jodan!!!

Nice

Yesss! Get in there!!

Nice goal from Jordan. But de Jong ain’t the striker you want through one on one like that. :sweat_smile::man_facepalming:

4 Likes

de jong really tried to screw that up and jordan wouldn’t let him. nice counter as they turned it over mid pitch.

2 Likes

would have probably been a PK from the hand if Jordan didn’t bang it in.