Matchday 2: Sevilla at Granada [2019-20]

WHEN?
Friday, August 23rd, 2019
1400 EST / 2000 CET / 0400 AEST

After a positive start away from home, Sevilla proceed to take on Andalusian rivals Granada. It was a flawless performance that saw us grab all 3 points at the RCDE Stadium.

Our standout player was undoubtedly Sergio Reguilón. Having a complementary fullback opposite of Navas to have just as much explosiveness really added a new dimension to our attack.

The same squad is named for Matchday 2, with the only addition being Banega returning from suspension. Still the pertinent issue remains with Dabbur, who misses out again, and is seemingly on his way out. With Corchia gone as well, Pozo still hasn’t been called up to cover for RB.

RETRIBUTION
Granada were the only side to have defeated us in pre-season. But not just that, Los Cármenes is a ground where we usually struggle, as we have 1 win from the last 5 visits there in La Liga. After Granada’s goal-fest last week, our backline will need to watch for Roberto Soldado and the aptly named Antonio Puertas. If our defence has another resolute showing, we should expect to see success on the road again.

¡Vamos muchachos!
#WeAreSevilla

4 Likes

Are we playing Away again because of the works on the RSP? Obviously the Dabbur thing is all a big mystery, but even more than that I am miffed again that having had a fantastic pre season with the team Alex Pozo has again been left out. Even more of an insult for me personally is the fact we didn’t even have the grace to give him a first team 25 squad number. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Tough match for us! Granada always play us like it’s their cup final! We will need to be sharp and focussed for the whole match. We have the quality to beat them but we must match their intensity and fight, then hopefully our quality comes through.

I’d pick the same side as Sunday provided everyone is fit. We were impressive at espanyol, we looked like a proper team, who understood Lopetegui’s system and ideas. Let’s hope that continues. Vamos!

2 Likes

Ergh! We are going to be looking like Everton again this week aren’t we?! :unamused:

Judging from our defensive display last week, it’ll be more like the Italian NT.

Put us down for a draw on my accumulator today. :thinking:

We’ve not done well there in the last decade, but it’s just a statistical blip, if we are serious about our ambitions this season it needs to be demonstrated tonight.

We won there a few years back with a Gameiro goal, coming from behind after the ref blew an impossible penalty against Carriço.

They’ve just remodeled the stadium and now have red seats with laser light show, copy cats.

4 Likes

VAMOS!!!

2 Likes

Revenge for that friendly loss :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

C’mon Sevilla!

1 Like

Starting XI:

Only 1 change: Banega IN, Óliver OUT.

VAMOS!!!

3 Likes

Strong side! Let’s do this! Vamos!

Banega will slow down the game, I’d want Oliver there again, but let’s see how it pans out.

Expecting a positive result tonight.

Lopes NOT on the bench

Bench; Rico, Vazquez, Koundé, Gudelj, Bryan, Escudero, Munir

1 Like

Even Oliver not on the bench? What the heck?

1 Like

Yep, surprised neither Torres or lopes are on bench. Especially Torres, very strange indeed considering he did well last week. I personally think we should have kept the same team. I would have played Torres over banega but to have him not even on bench seems a bad move.

Happy with our starting 11 but it’s a weak bench. Munir is the strongest option to change it, along with Escudero too!

We will see what happens.

1 Like

hey everyone! hope you’re all well… hoping to get to watch more this season after lots of life adjustments the last few. also, got locked out of my old account and never managed to recover the password… Chris, any thoughts on that? not that it really matters.

but great to see lots of the old guys around along with a number of new ones.

vamos!!

4 Likes

Welcome back to the forum mate! Enjoy. Hope you are well too!

1 Like

Welcome back Rene, missed your posts!

Hopefully we can celebrate tonight both a 3 pointer and your comeback haha.

3 Likes

Hi Rene, hope you’re keeping well :+1:

2 Likes